Trial by Starlight

Guys, guess where I am? A COURT ROOM! Unfortunately, I am on the wrong end of the trial but hey, I made it. What did I say? Not even a year passed and I'm going to the slammer. Then again, I am an annoying, insecure but also self-obsessed little bitch who everyone likes for some reason so maybe I have a chance.

A little backstory before my interrogation?

---

"Anything?" Dex asked as I licked my finger and wiped it on the locker strip. "Good call, it was Elwin's pick today." He's face was scrunched up. "Tasted like a fart."

"That man is the devil," I agreed. "Wait—not a man. And nothing. Ugh, I've been up all night trying to get in but I guess I don't know enough about elvin tech for this." I grabbed the scroll with my Universe assignment on it and shut the locker. A list of six stars that I had to collect starlight from and choose a seventh that fit the pattern. Much more boring than trying to somehow break into elvin archives.

Dex and I chose to work together. He was so taking advantage of my photographic memory.

"Yeah, well, elvin tech's usually managed by Technopaths and they literally communicate with with the stuff. No one's ever thought to just use their brains like you do," Dex explained as we made our way to the Leapmaster.

"So do you," I pointed out. "You're not a Technopath—well, yet—and you're pretty good with tech already. That is until you finally manifest."

Dex shook his head. "Until this thing starts talking to me"—He held up his phone—"as far as I know, I'm not a Technopath."

"Denial," I sang.

"Let's just gooo," he dodged.

We ended up in a big firefly filled meadow they called Moonglade because Dex said Siren Rock was probably already swarming with people. Ew, socialisation. It took a little bit to get all the stars on the list and figure out Dex's pattern which was just a rainbow.

I was getting through my list when the most perfect idea since I got here came to me. Of course! It was just the logical solution to everything. "Hey, Dex, how influential would you say a councillor is?"

"A councillor? Hm." He though for a bit. "You know that 'If your friend walked off a cliff would you?' thing." I nodded. "Times, about, five."

"Perfect," I said with a feral smile as the stellarscope filled one of my bottled with (somehow) black light.

"Gods. What are you planning?"

"I'm thinking I will become a councillor. I need a goal in life so why not. I can't fight God so this is more reasonable."

"You know that councillors have to give up pretty much everything for the seat right? They can't even date! And it'll take at least a couple millenia for spot to even open on the Council."

"A small price to pay! I'm just about fucked up enough that I will do outrageous shit to make sure other people don't end up like me." White light filled another jar.

"That's actually really nice of you," Dex said sounding unbelievabling as he took the jar and put it on the grass. "Although, the way you said it would throw people off."

"I keep telling you I'm a nice person"

"But you seriously need a therapist or something."

"Tiergan tells me that all the time!" Another bottle held copper light and the last one as green. "What kind of pattern would this even be?"

"We're not done with the councillor conversation but I do not know," Dex said very helpfully. I hopped over to him and pulled out my phone.

"Are you searching it?"