The secret

A/N: Hey y'all it's been a while so I'm starting I here at school I'm definitely not going to finish here but is a start. It's stall day here so I might get some time.

Glinda ran. She ran to find Fiyero. He knew something was up but Glinda didn't want to tell him her thoughts until she had it confirmed. Now that she heard from Melena herself, she can tell Fiyero.

She ran to his room but he wasn't there. She ran to where they were before she left but again no one was there. Glinda thought she should check the library. Just because Fiyero doesn't read doesn't mean he won't go there for peace and quiet. She noticed after Elphaba left Shiz that he spent more time at the library.

Glinda thought she got lucky when she saw Fiyero sitting on the couch with a book. She walked up to him but he never noticed.
"Hi Fifi," she said sadly "Look I'm sorry. I didn't want to worry you about anything. Especially if that anything has to do with Elphie; I know you care for her as well so...." She didn't want to finish the sentence. Fiyero sighed and put the book down. "Glin it's all right. I know that whatever it was, it was important and you needed to know something before you said anything. Now, will you please tell me what happened? What's going on?"

Glinda but her lip before she spoke "I think Frex isn't Elphie's father." Fiyero's eyes widened "What? How-how do you know that for sure?" "I went back to when Elphie was a baby, which was adorable by the way, and I saw the day Oscar became the Wizard. Melena, Elphie's mother, was reading a newspaper about it and she talked to Elphie as though she knew the Wizard." Glinda left out the first part of what she saw. "She said to Elphie that she wished that She and Elphie left with the Wizard instead of stayed with Frex."

Fiyero starred blankly at Glinda "So......are you saying that this whole time.......Elphaba has been the Wizard of Oz's daughter?" Glinda nods "So what are you going to do? It's not like your going to go to Kiama Ko to tell her 'Hey Elphie by the way I went back in time to 1) show Dorothy and her friends your past and 2) went back by myself even further to when you were a baby and you remember the wizard? Yah he's your father' yeah Glin I don't think that'll sit well with her" he said mocking Glinda a little. She sighed "Uh no I'm not going to tell her like that. Oz Fiyero I'm not that kind of person who would drop the bomb like that." Fiyero raised an eyebrow.

"Alright fine that was one time." She said "But still i won't do it that way." They were interrupted by someone walking out from the bookshelves. The person spoke "You don't need to tell me anything. I hear it all." The person revealed to be the last person they wanted to hear their conversation; Elphaba herself. Glinda gasped "Elphie! You weren't supposed to hear that!" "You weren't supposed to be here at all!" Fiyero added. Elphaba sighed "I was here to find Glinda but I couldn't, I guess now I know where she was." She said glaring at Glinda.

"Well..." Glinda said with a nervous laugh "At least now you know." Elphaba rolled her eyes "Yes, that is very helpful Glinda." She points to the scarecrow "You obviously know who he is if you trust him with this information about me?" Glinda looked between the two. "Uh.....I thought you heard me said who?" "I did. I just want both of you to say it." She said the last part starring directly at Fiyero.

Fiyero looked away. "Who? Me?" He pointed at himself and laughed nervously "Hey Fae." He grinned. Elphaba glared "Don't 'Hey Fae' me. You made me believe you were dead and instead you skipping down the yellow brick road like an idiot with a another grown man, an Animal, an annoying yappy dog, and the little brat as a scarecrow." "In my defense Fae you were the one who used magic to save me, which turned me into a scarecrow." Fiyero explained.

Elphaba sighed and sat on the couch. She picked up the book Fiyero was reading before. Fiyero slowly walked to her and sat down. "Fae?" He asked. Glinda noted that she should probably leave them alone. So she left to find Dorothy and eveyone else so that when Fiyero and Elphie were done they could continue.

Elphaba just sat there in silence for a few clock ticks before she said anything. When she did it was very quiet but enough that Fiyero heard her. "Why? Why did I have to be cursed?" Fiyero frowned "What do you mean?" She sighed "Yero, my whole has been a curse. My mother died and it was my fault, Nessie was born crippled and now she's dead and I couldn't save her, my Father absolutely hates me and blames me for both, and now the person I hate the most is my real biological father. That would've made me happy if I was told before I meet him 4 years ago."

Fiyero didn't know what to say. He knew about how Elphaba felt. She's been saying it for as long as they've become civil with each other. They've been telling her it's not her fault. "Fae, We've been telling you; it's not your fault. And just because the Wizard is your father it doesn't not make it a curse." She raised an eyebrow "Fiyero. Frex has been the worst father. You know what he's done to me when I lived in Munchkinland. And the Wizard. Yero don't even get me started on him." She told him pointedly. "Alright, I see your point on the whole curse thing. Honestly if Frex was still alive, I'd go right there and beat the crap out of him." Elphaba chuckled. She stood up "I should go before they find me here. You should probably get back with the others before those who don't know become suspicious." Fiyero nodded. "Okay. So.....will I see you any time soon?" He grinned his lopsided grin. Elphaba rolled her eyes "wipe that stupid grin off your face." Fiyero grabbed her and kissed her before she left.

Elphaba grabbed her broom from its hiding spot and flew out the open window.

...
Fiyero found the group in Glinda's room. He didn't realize he was still grinning until Glinda looked at him with an eyebrow raised. He laughed and told her it was nothing. She chose not to say anything.

A/N: you know what lol I lied I did get it done in school. 😂 I said it's stall day here and I'm not doing anything in math so.. I worked on it. Hope y'all enjoy. For the next chapter I just wanna say they are not going to start off where they left off because I don't feel like writing the rest of that so I'm going to skip to the end of that scene.

Edit: actually I'm going to do that after I write the next one. I thought of something to go on for their present. So I think we'll see more Elphaba and Shell.