Chapter 80

Brooklyn hummed the familiar tune her father used to, as she applied her makeup, making sure to keep a steady hand. She didn't want to mess it up, and maybe have to start over.

It was Valentine's Day, and Steve said they had plans.

What those plans were, she didn't know. He had been rather closed mouthed about it.

From what she understood, that was to be normal, given the commercial holiday based on love. Men who were in committed relationships, or even wanting to be in one, tended to be secretive regarding their plans for how they intended to woo their respective partners, on this day. Granted, the past few weeks he had been a bit more secretive. Hiding things, hiding phone calls. That sort of thing. She hadn't minded, seeing as his affections were just as strong, if not stronger, than when they had first laid together.

She leaned into the mirror, inspecting the lines she had just put down with the eyeliner, before nodding and reaching for the mascara. Steve might prefer her without make up, but if he was going all out, the way she was suspecting he was, she wanted to at least put in the effort to make sure no one would judge him for her appearance.

She had helped with those plans, as much as she was able. She had arranged for Juliana to go spend the night with Mrs. De Luca, the old widow more than happy to look after the little girl for the night. She had admitted she had missed spending time with Juliana, and had even offered to keep her for the next day, if needed. Brooklyn had assured her they would let her know, as soon as possible.

Stepping back from the bathroom sink entirely, she took another look, before grinning, and nodding. Once she added the lipstick, she would be perfect. It wasn't heavy, like she used to wear at the club, but it was a bit more than the usual mascara and light lipstick she wore when running errands. She reached for the setting spray, giving herself a quick spritz, waving her hand in front of her face to encourage it to dry faster, before leaving the bathroom, and entering the bedroom. There she stripped off the bathrobe she had put on after her shower, to do her hair and her makeup. She tossed the bathrobe on the bed, and reached for the lingerie set she had set out, before taking her shower.

She knew red was the traditional color for the holiday. God knew, there had been nothing but red, and white, and pink, all over the city, everywhere she went, for weeks now. Hell, she had worn a shade or two of the different colors for Steve's Valentine's day present. But for tonight... tonight she was hoping to seduce him into what she hadn't been able to push him into.

Maybe tonight she would get him to lose control and return to how she wanted him to be.

Slipping the lace and silk up her legs, she worked it over her hips, adjusting it so it was comfortable, before making sure the straps crossed properly. The open cups were a bit tight under her breasts, but she ignored it, as she slid the straps over her shoulders. The whole ensemble was basically an invitation to be fucked, according to the bright eyed sales lady at the store. She had been more than happy to help Brooklyn, when she had explained what she was trying to do. She had steered Brooklyn away from the leather and fishnet options. Away from the fetish gear, with the buckles and the o-rings. Towards the... nicer options, she would guess? This one was one that had grabbed Brooklyn's attention. It was basically built of straps of lace and silk, thin straps that criss crossed her body. Stroking her hands over her bare nipples, she shivered in delight, squeezing her thighs together as the tingles and throb of her body centered in her core. Inhaling deeply, she reached for the pasties that went with the outfit, putting one between her teeth for the moment, ripping the back of the sticky side of the other, turning to the mirror over the dresser to make sure it was in the right place before smoothing it down, covering her nipple. She repeated the process with the other one, grinning, and nodding with satisfaction.
She was, quite simply, bringing out the big guns.