XXII

November 28th 2011|| Toronto General Hospital Toronto, ON , Canada

🕊Prince Rogers Nelson 🕊

Inhale, exhale, this women can be so frustrating at times, "P, give me my IPAD back I need to confirm renovations." shaking my head in pure frustration.

Zahra had been in the hospital for three days and she's driving everyone insane she's not supposed to be working period.

I left out for a couple of minutes to make sure Layla was okay going sight seeing with Mandy, and come back to find Zahra working !

"No you need to rest now stop whining." pouting her lip out like a two year old I couldn't take it anymore.

I know something is wrong with her something she's not telling me and we need to figure it out now!

"Sitting at the foot of the bed she refused to make eye contact with me, "Talk to me Zahra this is this isn't you, this isn't us your not telling me everything." rolling her eyes she moved the hospital sheet off of her climbing out of bed.

Zahra can pretend this is only about me not wanting her to work not wanting her to be all out in about that's only the surface but I know her I know her better than this there is something deeper.

It's eating away at her and it's making her sick and she needed to let it out before she hurts her self or our baby.

"We need to get back home I refuse to spend another day locked away in this god damn hospital, I need to just go home take a few days and then get back to work." calm just stay calm I know fighting right now wasn't the best decision for us.

Taking a deep breath formulating the right words to say, "Zahra you and I both know work is the last thing you need to worry about-"

"I know that's right you do you know see where you are right now little girl you are in the damn hospital !" both of our heads turned to the door and in came her parents lord have mercy.

Of the past few months of meeting them I'd grown close to both of them and if it's one thing they don't play about it's Zahra.

Damon is a huge softy when it comes to his daughter he'll bend around things just to make her happy.

But Katrina oh no she doesn't play she knows how stubborn Zahra is and she knows that she has to put her foot down when it comes to her daughter at times.

"You've got to be shitting me right now." Zahra mumbled as I hugged both her parents.

She can be pissed all she wants but I know it'd be hell to pay if I didn't tell them she was in the hospital.

Watching on as Damon moved his daughter back to lay down in the bed Katrina was looking over the chart left on the foot of the bed.

Hearing the door open behind us Dr. Teleise came in giving Katrina a hug turns out the two of them we're in medical school together at one point and were good friends.