XXX

April 27th 2012|| Home of Katrina and Damon Anderson, Los Angeles, CA

🕊Prince Rogers Nelson 🕊

Take care of my daughter son she's going to take this hard and she's not going to make it easy for you but if you really love her you will stand beside her.

Damon's words floated heavily through my mind as I stood holding Lil'P. "Here is my handsome boy." Katrina smiled taking him from me.

She'd been holding up okay from what Kobe and Vanessa shared. "That child of mine hold him yet ?" she questioned.

Once everyone found out that in the two weeks and three days since our son had been born she refuses to look at him or hold him.

If it wasn't for the fact that I know she's grieving I'd be pissed. Alice and Dr. Teleise both think she'll be okay with time.

Getting no response she placed a kiss on her grandson's head. "She'll come around son you just have to give her time.

Her father meant the world to her and- now.....now he's gone.

And that's going to take sometime for all of us to adjust to." licking her lips she walked off holding the baby closer to her humming a little lullaby.

Looking over at the mantle of pictures all over the wall it was clear Zahra was a daddy's girl and there wasn't a person on this earth who could ever take his place in her heart.

I didn't go to her room I know she'd been finding peace in her fathers homes office. Standing out side the door I could hear her talking with someone.

"I can't look at him I can't bring my self to be what he needs because I don't have it in me, I thought I did but I don't I can't be that- I thought it'd be this cosmic feeling but there was nothing.

And then losing him I don't know what to do my father always tells me the right path to follow and no I didn't listen all the time but I just well I can't figure out what to do." it pained my heart that she didn't talk to me about this but the Brightside is at least she's talking.

"Prince we need to head on-" turning around to find Katrina now dressed in a simple black dress she gave me a solemn look.

Walking beside me she pushed the door open stepping into her husbands office.

Following behind her it smelled heavily of tobacco and whiskey, finding my wife talking with Jordan both dressed and ready for the funeral.

"The cars are ready for us downstairs Jordan can you please go everyone is ready." Katrina instructed nodding Jordan placed a hand on Zahra's shoulder before walking out of office.

Looking around I could tell she wasn't ready to be in here yet I'd spoken with Katrina after she flew back here and came into there home for the first time in there forty years of marriage to no one.