Chapter 17

Previously on Chapter 16

"What?" He asked. I shake my head and laugh to myself. Hopefully, we can solve this murder case. I just want them to know that it isn't our doing... that we're not murderers. We're innocent!

-Weird Trials-

Y/N P.O.V

I sit down, leaning my back against the wall. I notice an elephant-rat running towards an acorn. It jumps away at the sight of us. I turn my head to look at my brother, who's standing up with a dejected look on his face. I can hear rattling sound.

"Hello?" I said. The sound of chains grows louder. A scary looking man comes into view. I stand up and back away. The man have chain around his neck.

"Um... hi?" I said. He didn't say anything just eyed the two of us. "You got a bald head..." he said, looking at Aang. He looks at the two of us. "Some nice tattoos..." he added. I give Aang a glance. He do the same.

The man rushes towards us. Aang slides down looking scared. He stops right in front of us, the chain around his neck preventing him from getting any closer. "You're going to fit real well around here" he said. "Geez... don't scare us like that..." I said. He just let out a chuckle.

***

The sun is going down. We sit around in circle. I'm sitting next to Aang, because I don't trust these guys. Aang is talking about his crush on Katara. I just sit in silence.

"You think so?" Aang said, moving his head and arms out of the wooden panel. I do the same. It's uncomfortable to wear. So just a few minutes out of it would be nice.

"Sure..." the man said. "Yeah..." another one said. "You're a catch" a man said. He looks sensitive. I can tell from the way he looks at us. "I don't know..." my brother said, doubtfully. I gently pat his shoulder.

"Hey! You're smart. Handsome. Funny! Not to mention, you're the Avatar" he said. "My sister's also the Avatar... so?" Aang said. They turn to look at me. "Oh... there are two Avatars?" The scary man said. I just nod my head.

"That's awesome! What about you, girl Avatar? Do you have someone you like?" He said. After he said that, my mind instantly went back to Aunt Wu's prediction about my love life. The person that I'm destined to is complicated... and I'm suppose to be the one that'll guide him. Which leads me to think of one specific person.

"Hello?" Aang said, waving his hand in front of my face. "Huh??" I said. "You hadn't answer him" he said, gesturing towards the man who's still waiting for my answer. I let out a soft sigh.

"I'm not sure..." I said, shaking my head. "Ah... I see you have a complicated relationship..." he said. My eyes widened at what he said. "Ah, no... no no no no. I'm not... we're not. Me and him weren't dating or anything. We... I uhh.. I hate him. I DON'T like him..." I said. "I can see the lie in your eyes..." he said. "I'm not lying..." I said. He just hums as he stares at me suspiciously. It's clear he didn't believe me.

"Love and hate relationship... hmm... complicated. But it will work out in the end. Love that grows after hate, are very strong. Because you succeeded in putting aside your differences" he said. I let out a groan and slap my forehead. He completely ignored what I just said. "Oh dear Spirits..." I said, burying my face in my hands.

"You're not talking about Zuko, are you?" Aang said, whispering in my ear. "What?? No!" I said. "Suuure" he said, rolling his eyes. No... I can't be talking about Zuko, right?

Time-skip

"Honorable Mayor, we've prepared a solid defense for the Avatar. We did an investigation and found some very strong evidence" she said. The mayor scoffs at what she said. "Evidence? Hmph! That's not how our court system works" he said, dismissively. I furrow my eyebrow at what he said.

"Then how can we prove our innocences?" Aang said while placing a hand on my shoulder. He knows if he didn't try to calm me down, I might start blowing up on the man. Believe me... I'm trying my hardest not to start yelling at him.

"Simple. I say what happened, then you say what happened, and then I decide who's right. That's why we call it justice. Because it's "just us."" He said. He turns around and walks away while laughing like a lunatic. "You gotta be kidding me..." I said, under my breath while my brother and friends gawking at him.

Time-skip

"Everyone loved Chin the Great because he was so great. Then the Avatar showed up and killed him, and that's how it happened" he said. He walks away with a huge grin on his face.

"The accused will now present its argument" a guard said. "You can do it, Aang and Y/N. Just remember the evidence" Sokka said. We take a deep breath and walks forward.

"Right... evidence" Aang said. He turns to look at me for help. "Ladies and gentlemen ... I'm about to tell you what really happened. And I will prove it with facts. Fact number one! Uhh..." I said. I'm feeling so nervous that I don't know what else to say.

"Footprints!" Sokka said, in a whispering tone. "Oh, yeah. You see, I have very large feet. Furthermore... your temple matches your statue. But... a little help here, sis!" he said. I let out a sigh at what he said. I try to come up with words, but I didn't know what to say. Katara lets out a sigh as she walks forward.

"Mayor Tong, I'd like for the court to hear one last testimony" she said. "I've already told you, it's just me and the accused. You can't call any witnesses!" He said.

"This isn't just any witness. I'm going to call... Avatar Kyoshi herself!" She said, moving aside to reveal Aang in Avatar Kyoshi warrior uniform. He will be the one doing it, because there's only one uniform.

"Hey, everybody! Avatar Kyoshi here" he said, in a high pitched tone. "Oh Spirit... Aang, I can't believe I'm related to you" I said, pinching my nose while shaking my head.

"This is ridiculous! For the murder of Chin the Great, this court finds the Avatar-" he got cut off by a strong gust of wind. I stand up and walk towards him. The wind circles around me too. I close my eyes letting the energy flows through me.

*to be continued*