Chapter 39

Previously on Chapter 38

What's worse is that... I actually fell in love with our supposed to be enemy. This is just like Aunt Wu said. My love life is very complicated. Now I'm even more confused.

-Reunited-

Y/N P.O.V

The sun is slowly setting. I stare into the distance, while still standing by the bridge. I don't wanna see Aang right now, after what he said. I'm deeply hurt by his accusation, that I don't care about Appa.

"Y/N?" I hear someone said. I turn my head to look at the person. My eyes widen as I stare at the person in shock. "Zu-" I got cut off by a hand covering my mouth.

"Call me Lee... that's my made up name while I'm here..." he said. I just nod my head. He removes his hand from my mouth. "I miss you" I said, staring at him with tears in my eyes.

"I miss you too, Y/N..." he said, smiling softly. He wraps his arms around me, pulling me closer into his embrace. I quickly wrap my arms around his torso, hugging him back. I lean my head against his chest, I can hear his heartbeat beating rapidly.

I pull away from the hug, only to be pulled in again for a kiss. I let out a yelp at his sudden move. But I kiss him back anyway. I gently place my hand on the side of his cheek, deepening the kiss.

After a while, we finally pull away. He smiles softly at me as he leans his forehead against mine. "What are you doing here?" I asked. "Well... my uncle and I moved here not so long ago. Why are you here, Y/N? Are you here with your brother and friends?" he said. I stare at him with uncertainty look.

"Don't worry... we're here to have a new start. I'm not going to hunt your brother, nor you... nor any of your friends" he said. I just let out a sigh and nod my head. "Yeah... they're here" I said. He nods his head, smiling softly at me.

"When I approached you... you looked upset. What happened?" He asked. He leans his elbow on the bridge's stone, as he stands next to me. I let out a soft sigh and do the same. I lean my head on his shoulder.

"Our bison, Appa... is missing. Aang have been quite on edge lately. He snapped at me earlier... saying if I had stayed with him and not stay back with you... I could've helped him protect Appa..." I said, in a soft voice.

I feel a soft kiss on my forehead. "I'm sorry" he said, in a hushed voice. I pull away and look at him. "Why are you sorry?" I asked. "You and your brother got into a fight because you helped my uncle..." he said. I smile softly at him and shake my head.

"No... my brother was just upset. But I'm sure he didn't mean what he said. I'm sure we'll be fine..." I said. He just smiles softly at me. I smile back at him. He wrap an arm around my shoulder, pulling me closer to his side.

"Hey... uh. Lee... Gosh that felt weird calling you Lee. I need time to get used to it" I said. I can hear Zuko letting out a laugh at what I said. "It's fine... I feel weird when people called me Lee too. So what is it?" He said.

"What are... we?" I asked, turning to look at him. He gently tuck a strand piece of hair behind my ear. "We are whatever you want us to be..." he said. I stare at him.

"Do you love me?" I asked. He nods his head. "With everything I have..." he said, smiling at me. He leans closer to give me a kiss. I stay still as he leans in. But I pull back just as our lips was about to touch.

"What's wrong?" He asked, looking at me with a hurt expression. I take a couple of steps away from him. "I don't know, Zuko... it's complicated. We're both on two different sides. I have to focus on stopping the war. But you... you belong to them. We... can't work things out between us" I said. He frowns and steps closer to me. He gently grabs my hand.

"We can work it out... I'm sure we can, Y/N. Can't we just... try?" He said. He gently leans his forehead against mine. He lift his hand, placing a hand on my cheek. I close my eyes, as he gently caress my cheek.

"I really love you... please?" He said. I open my eyes and looks up at him. He lift my hand, gently placing it against his chest. I can feel his heartbeat. It's soft and steady against the palm of my hand.

"Please give me a chance, Y/N... please give us a chance" he said, pleadingly. He pulls me closer to his chest. "Please..." he pleaded, burying his face into the crook of my neck.

I love Zuko... I really do. But if I accept him... what would happen to our rivalry. We're supposed to be enemy. This isn't suppose to happen. I want to be with him. But will it be the right choice.

I pull away from the hug and looks at him. "Okay... I'll give us a chance..." I said. I can't deny my heart anymore. I love Zuko and I want to be with him.

"Really?" He said. I smile and nod my head. "Yes" I said. He smiles happily and gently cups my cheeks. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my lips. My arms instantly went around his neck. I tilt my head, kissing him back.

***

Zuko ended up taking me to his the tea shop his uncle owns. He said when he first moved here, they work at a small tea shop. Then his uncle got offered a shop, along with a house nearby.

He gently guides me through the city, gently holding my hand. He's treating my hand as if it was the most delicate thing. As if he's afraid that he might break it. Honestly, it makes me feel special.

"Uncle... look who's here" Zuko said, as they enters the shop. His uncle who's sitting by the table, while playing a game. He turns his head and notices me. I can see a look of surprise appearing on his face.

"Y/N?" He said. I smile and nod my head. "Yeah... I believe I'm the only Y/N around" I said. He grins as he gets up. He walks towards me and wraps his arms around me.

He welcomes me in and make me some tea. His tea always tastes the best. "Congratulation on getting the shop, Iroh..." I said, after taking a sip from the cup.

"Thank you... oh, I've also never got the chance to thank you for treating me. Thank you..." he said. I let out a nervous laugh at what he said. "Y-You d-don't have to thank me. I j-just do what I t-think is right" I said, growing flustered by his action.

Zuko comes back after changing his clothes. He take a seat next to me and smiles softly. His uncle, who's always been observant notices our exchange. He give us a knowing smile.

"I see you two are getting very comfortable towards each other" he said. Zuko and I blushed deep shade of red after his comment. "W-What... we... uh..." I said. Zuko turns to look at me and smiles.

"We don't have to hide things from my uncle. I'm sure that he'd support us" he said. His uncle's smile widens at what he said. "So... are you telling me that you two have made it official? As in... you've become a couple?" He said. I turn to look at Zuko. He smiles and turns to look at his uncle.

"Yes uncle... Y/N is my girlfriend" he said. His uncle smiles. "I can always see the way you both stares at each other. It's not a surprise that both of you ended up being together" he said. I just turn to look at Zuko and smiles softly.

He smiles back and place a soft kiss on my forehead. I blush because he's being so bold when his uncle is sitting in front of us. He chuckles at my reaction and ruffles my hair. I pout at him, which makes him let out a chuckle.

"You two really make a good match..." his uncle said. I just smile at him. "Thank you, uncle..." I said. "Oh, you don't have to start calling me uncle just because you're dating my nephew. You can start calling me uncle when you have tied the knot with him" he said. I can see a teasing smile on his face, which makes me blush deeply. Goodness... it's only been a day. But he already think that far. I don't even know where will our love go.

*to be continued*