Chapter 31

Previously on Chapter 30

I close my eyes as I listen to his cries, as he holds me tightly as if he depends on me. I didn't realize what is happening until it started. I didn't realize... that I'm slowly falling in love with Zuko.

-Don't Leave-

Y/N P.O.V

Zuko have a high fever after staying out in the storm yesterday. So when I take him back to Iroh, all he's been doing is sneezing and coughing because of his sickness. I need to take care of him.

I remove the towel from his forehead. I place it in the bucket. I gently place my hand on his forehead, and one on mine trying to see if his temperature is breaking. I let out a sigh. I bend some water and start to perform a healing session.

"Y/N..." I hear Iroh said. I turn my head to look at him. "Yeah?" I said. "Thank you for looking after Prince Zuko" he said, smiling at me. I just nod my head.

"You don't need to thank me. I'm just going this out as a human" I said, in a soft voice. He just nods his head. "Don't you have to return to the others, Y/N? Please don't take it as me wanting you to leave. It's just... don't you have to practice earth-bending? I'm guessing the girl name Toph is the one teaching you both..." he said. I nod my head.

"Yeah. She's the one. But I can't leave Zuko like this. It just seem... rude. Besides... I can earth-bend..." I said. Iroh just stares at me in surprise. "You can? Who taught you if I may ask..." he said. I nod my head.

"Yeah... we got trapped inside the Tunnel of Two Lovers a while back. A badgermole found us. They taught me how to earth-bend. I'm not quite a master yet. But I think I can manage. I still need to train myself to master it better..." I said.

He just stays silent as he stares at me. I give him a soft smile. I bend the water away. I bend a fresh batch. I rinse the towel. I give it a gentle blow, so it becomes a lot colder and gently place it on Zuko's forehead.

Iroh P.O.V

I can see it in her eyes. She cares about Zuko. I dare to say, that they have feelings for one another. I lean my back against the wall. There is a hope... there is a hope for my nephew to see the light. To see the right path. She's the solution.

***

Y/N P.O.V

A few days have passed, Zuko have fully recovered. He is currently training with his uncle on some new fire-bending moves. I'm sitting on top of a rock, meditating. I just thought, since Aang and I are twins... maybe I can learn what he have learnt from Toph.

I feel a rush of emotion. I can see Aang, saving Sokka from a saber-tooth moose-lion. I can feel his worry, and panic. I can feel his anger when he finally have the courage to talk back to Toph. Then he manage to earth-bend.

I open my eyes after a while. I stand up and walk to a rock. I gently place a hand on top of the rock. I close my eyes as I try to focus on the emotion Aang felt. I open my eyes and take a couple of steps back.

I stand on a stance. I take a deep breath. "Hah!!" I yelled out, while making a move. The rock moves forward and slams into the wall across from me, just as how I wanted it to. I grin happily. I did it!

I continue to train for a while. I'm sure Toph will be teaching Aang how to wait and listen, along with how to feel the ground vibration. I wonder if I can learn that on my own. I'm sure I can manage.

I feel something walking towards me. I focus on my earth-bending, trying to see if I can sense who it was. I open my eyes and smile.

"Hey, Zuko..." I said, my back facing him. I can feel his movement comes to a halt. "H-How did y-you know it w-was me?" He said. I turn to look at him and grin. He have a shock expression on his face.

"Earth-bending..." I said, as if it was the simplest thing ever. His eyes widened his in shock. "Earth-bending??" He said. I smile and nod my head. "Yep" I said. "But... you have been here with me. You didn't have a chance to learn it from that blind girl. So h-how?" he said, looking at me with his eyes wide.

"First of all, her name is Toph. I have a way to learn it" I said. "Right... Toph. So... how did you learn the earth-bending without having a teacher?"he asked. I smile, knowing he would be curious about that.

"Well, Aang and I are twins. If I focus hard enough... I can feel what he's experiencing. From emotion to other things. So I can find out how to earth-bend just by going inside his mind. Aside from that, I learnt how to earth-bend from a badgermole when I was trapped inside a tunnel a while back" I said. He just hum softly. I turn to look into the distance.

"Zuko... I hope you do realize that I have to return to the others soon" I said, breaking the silence. Zuko stays silent after I said that. I turn to look at him. He have his head down. I walk towards him.

"I have to, Zuko..." I said, with a soft voice. He looks up and make eye-contact with me. He shakes his head as he suddenly pulls me into his embrace. I froze at his sudden move, but I make no move to pull myself away from him.

"W-Why... what are you doing?" I said. He tightens his arms around me, burying his face into the crook of my neck. "D-Don't l-leave..." he said, in a hushed voice.

"Zuko... I'm really sorry. But I really have to go back to them. My brother and I need to work together in order to stop this war" I said. He shakes his head. "I don't want to you leave. Please d-don't leave..."he said.

He pulls away and cups both of my cheeks. I just stay still, not knowing what to do or say. "I know that it's selfish for me to do this. But please stay..." he said. I just stare at him.

He slowly leans forward and place a soft kiss on my lips. I froze for a few seconds. But my eyes eventually flutters close, as I kiss him back. He wraps his arms tightly around me, pulling me closer.

What am I doing?? Why am I kissing him back? Y/N. Snap out of it. Zuko is the enemy. He's not your friend! But even so, I can't seem to stop myself from responding to his gentle kiss. I can't stop myself... from falling in love with him.

*to be continued*

A/N: Y/N and Zuko finally shared a kiss! That means... things will begin to change between the two of them. How will her brother, Aang react to this? When will Y/N return to her brother and friends? Keep reading and find out. Love ya~