Chapter 32

Previously on Chapter 31

What am I doing?? Why am I kissing him back? Y/N. Snap out of it. Zuko is the enemy. He's not your friend! But even so, I can't seem to stop myself from responding to his gentle kiss. I can't stop myself... from falling in love with him.

-Conflicted-

Y/N P.O.V

Zuko pulls away from the kiss. I just stare at him in shock. "W-What was t-that for?" I asked. He leans his forehead against mine. "Y/N..." he said. I just stay silent, as I stare at him.

"I love you..." he said. My eyes widened at what he just said. "Y-You-" I stuttered out. He nods his head. "I love you, Y/N... I really do. So please... stay with me" he said. "I..." I started, but I don't know what to say.

"Please..." he said, pleadingly. I pull away from him. I take a couple of steps back. "I don't know, Zuko... I can't just leave my brother. We need each other. We need to work together to stop this war" I said. Zuko looks at me with a sad expression.

"And... you were suppose to turn the Avatar to your father. So you can go home... did you forget? I'm the Avatar. I'm your ticket home. This is wrong, Zuko..." I said. He lets out a sigh and walks towards me.

"It's true that I wanted to go home... but I don't want to lose you either. If I just turn your brother in..." he said. "You wouldn't... if you do that. I'll hate you... I will hate you, forever" I said. His eyes soften at what I said.

"Do you feel the same, Y/N?" He said. I stayed silent after that. I look away from him. I feel a hand on my cheek. He turns my head to look at him. "Please say that you love me. Please tell me that this isn't a one sided love" he said. He leans his forehead against mine.

"I love you too, Zuko..." I said. I lift my hand, gently placing it on his cheek. I can see happiness in his eyes. I smile painfully at him.

"That's why it's hard for me, Zuko... because I know I have to go back to the my bothers and friends at some point. But I can't leave you either..." I said. I feel a tear slowly slips out of my eyes, followed by more. Zuko smiles sadly as he gently wipe the tears from my cheeks.

"So please... don't make me choose" I said. He leans his cheek into my touch, closing his eyes. I can see his struggle. He slowly nods his head.

"I understand..." he said. I lean up and place a soft kiss on his lips. He wraps his arms around my waist, kissing me back. I tilt my head slightly, deepening the kiss.

I pull away for a while. "I'm sorry..." I said. He nods his head. "Go... go back to your brother. We will see each other again. I love you, Y/N..." he said. I smile softly at him. I wipe the tears that slips out from his eyes.

"I love you too, Zuko..." I said. He leans down and place a soft kiss on my forehead, letting his lips linger against my skin. I close my eyes, trying to savor the feeling. I pull away from him completely after a while. I lift my hand, my glider flies towards me.

"Goodbye, Zuko..." I said. I open the glider. I give Zuko one last smile. He smiles sadly at me. I turn around and soar up in the sky.

Zuko P.O.V

"Goodbye, Zuko..." she said, looking at me with a sad smile. She opens her glider and turn around to fly away. I bit my lips as I stare at her. Her figure start to grow smaller. She's showing no sign that she'd come back.

I look down and fall on my knees. My shoulders start to shake violently, as I start to cry softly. Heavy tears streams down my cheeks like a waterfall. Y/N left... she left me alone.

I feel a gentle hand on my shoulder. I turn my head to see Uncle Iroh. He gives me a sad smile. I just turn my head away from him. "She truly love you, Zuko..." he said.

"If s-she truly d-do... she would h-have stayed with me" I said, tears still streams down both of my cheeks. I feel Uncle patting my shoulder. I turn to look at him.

"It was hard for her, Zuko. I can see how she's truly struggling to choose. But just like she said. She's the Avatar. She needs to work with her brother to stop this war..." he said. I just choke out a sob as I start to cry more.

Y/N P.O.V

I bit my lips and turn to look down, just in time to see Zuko falling on his knees. His uncle walks up to him, trying to comfort him. I land on the cliff not so far from them.

Even though they look so small because of the little distance. I can still see how Zuko's shoulders are shaking, letting me know that he's crying. I clench my hands into tight fists.

I can feel my tears streaming down my cheeks. I bit my lips. I'm having a battle with myself. Whether I should stay... or go. My brother and friends needs me.

Without me... Aang won't be able to use his full potential as an Avatar. Avatar Roku told me himself, that in order to unleash a powerful strength. Aang and I should combine our powers.

But if I go back to my brother. Zuko would be in so much pain. I would beat myself, knowing I'm the cause of his pain.

I fall on my knees as I start to cry. I don't know what to do. I don't know who to choose. Naturally, I will have to choose my brother... because he's my family. But Zuko... he's the man I love.

My parents... I need to talk to my parents. I move to sit on the ground. I close my eyes as I meditate. I place my hands together forming fists. Maybe they will be able to help me.

Realm

"Mother? Father??" I called out. I look around the place. "We're here, sweetie..." I hear someone said. I turn my head to see them. I rush towards them and wraps my arms around them. They instantly wraps their arms around me in return.

"I missed you guys..." I said. I feel a hand running through my hair. "I miss you too, honey..." my mom said. "So am I..." dad said. I smile as I hug them.

I pull away from them. "Mom... dad..." I said. "What is it?" Mom said. "I have a problem... and a serious one" I said. They look at me worriedly. I bit my lips, trying to stop myself from crying.

I start to tell them everything. From Zuko's confession... to the point I'm struggling to choose whether I should stay with Zuko, or go back to my brother.

By the end of it, my mom place a comforting hand on my shoulder. "It's not something we can help you choose, honey" she said. My dad placed a hand on my head. "We can only give you advice" he said. I just let out a sigh and nod my head.

"Okay... what's the advice?" I said. "Just follow what your mind is telling you" dad said. "Why the mind? People usually said to follow your heart" I said, looking at them in confusion. 

"The heart knows what you wants. But the mind, is wise... it knows what's best" mom said. Dad nods his head in agreement. I just nod my head.

I give them a hug. "Thank you, mom... dad. I think I know what to choose now..." I said. They hug me back. I smile as I lean into their embrace.

Back to the Real World

I open my eyes as I return to the real world. I move to the cliff to see Zuko still crying in his uncle's arm. "Zuko..." I said, in a hush tone. I think back what my parents told me. I know what to choose now...

*to be continued*