Chapter 54

Previously on Chapter 53

I stare into his eyes. For a few seconds, I can see something flashing in his eyes. It looks like a mix between sadness and sorrow. If it hurts him to betray me so much... why'd he do it?? Zuko... why?

-Crushed Soul-

Y/N P.O.V

I clench my hands into tight fists, realizing that it's no use to cry over Zuko. He have chosen his path of life, and I've chose mine. We should have known that we were never meant to be together in the first place, because of our backgrounds and purpose.

I take a deep breath and close my eyes. I wipe all the tears that slips from my eyes. I open my eyes with a determined face.

"Remember, Zuko... this is what you choose" I said. I jump forward towards him and create a hurricane. I spin my arms around, sending it to him. This makes him fly backward from the harsh air.

Out of the corner of my eyes, I can see Dai Li joining the battle. I jump and land next to Aang. "There's too many..." he said. He turns to look at me. I can see his sadness. In an instant, I know for sure he's thinking about what Guru Pathik said. Of how we should let go of something that holds us to earth.

"I'm sorry, Katara..." he said. He creates crystal tent that surrounds him. I close my eyes as tears streams down both of my cheeks. He's going to let Katara go. A beam of light appears from the rock and Aang start to float.

Suddenly, a strong lightning hits him on his back. My eyes widened. "AANG! No!!!" I screamed. I start to feel a little faint. But I force myself to stay awake. I have to help him. I rush forward and catches him in my arms.

Katara rushes over to my side. She stare at Aang with tears in her eyes. I turn my head to look at Zuko and Azula. I stare into Zuko's eyes in anger and sadness.

They prepare to attack us, but before they could do anything... a strong blast of flame stops them. I turn my head and realize it's Iroh. He jumps down from the wall of the cave and protects us.

"You've got to get out of here! I'll hold them off as long as I can!" He said. He keeps blasting fire at Zuko and Azula. I turn to look at Katara. "Come on, Katara... let's go" I said. I wrap Aang's arm around my shoulder.

I use water bending and Katara doing the same. We starts to descent upwards. Appa is waiting with Toph and Sokka. They help us get Aang on Appa's back. I have my brother in my arms.

***

Zuko P.O.V

We're in the throne room. I stand next to Azula who is sitting on the throne. I can feel my heart clenching painfully against my chest. This is what I've always wanted. But now that I got it. I still feel empty.

"We've done it, Zuko. It's taken a hundred years, but the Fire Nation has conquered Ba Sing Se" Azula said, breaking the silence.

"I betrayed uncle... and the girl I love..." I said, my heart clenches as I remember how her eyes are filled with her tears. I close my eyes, as an attempt to wipe that sight out of my head.

"No, he betrayed you. As for Y/N. Things will never work out between you two. You two are the complete opposite. Like fire and ice. You will only ended up hurting one another. It's time for you to move on. Zuko, when you return home, Father will welcome you as a war hero..." she said. I just keep my head down.

Y/N P.O.V

Katara takes out vial of spirit water. I nod my head, wanting her to try it. She uses her water-bending, bending the spirit water to Aang's back wound. The tattoo on his body glow for a few seconds. But he shows no sign of waking up.

I place my hand on his wound and close my eyes. I focus on my spiritual energy. I take a deep breath. I open my eyes and sees my hand glowing.

The wound on Aang's starts closing

The wound on Aang's starts closing. But there's still a scar. I start to feel exhausted. But I can't stop. I don't want to lose Aang. He's the only family I have left.

"Please Aang... you c-can't die. Y-You're a-all I have l-left..." I said. I force the spiritual energy in my body to flow stronger. The light in my hand glow brighter.

I breathe heavily as my energy is all drained. I pull Aang into a hug, as I start to sob softly. "Y-You c-can't die, Aang... please..." I pleaded. Suddenly, I hear a soft groan coming from Aang. I pull away and look at Aang. He opens his eyes.

He smiles softly at me, making me smile happily. I wrap my arms around him again. I pull away from the hug as I start to feel faint.

Katara P.O.V

Aang is going to be okay. I turn to look at Y/N to see her ghostly pale. "Y/N... are you okay?" I said. She turns to look at me, weakly. Her eyes rolls back and she falls to the side. I quickly catches her, so she won't fall off Appa's head.

Her body is ice cold. I gently lay her down next to Aang. I take out some water from my carrier. I bend the water to Y/N's chest. I start to perform my healing technique. My eyes widened as I let out a soft gasp.

"Why?? What happened?" I hear Sokka said. I turn to look at him. "I don't know what she did to heal Aang. I can barely feel any spiritual energy within her body... it's very faint. Almost like it's not there..." I said. He looks at me worriedly.

"What does that mean?" He asked. I turn to look at Y/N, who's laying limply in my arms. "She's in a critical condition... we don't know if she'd wake up. In other words... she's in a coma..." I said. His eyes widened as he lets out a gasp. 

I hug Y/N closer to my body. Even though we've always fight and occasional misunderstanding. But Y/N have always been a very supportive friend. She is a friend that I can't even begin to imagine losing. Please Y/N...

You have to wake up

The End of Book 2

A/N: okay!! That is the end of Book 2. I hope you all are enjoying this book! I certainly am enjoying myself writing these. Should I keep going and continue to the next book??

P. S. Love ya all!