Chapter 6

"Are you sure you're fine Commandant?" Rosetta looked over at the Commandant who gave her a thumbs up.

"I'm fine Rosetta. This winter jacket is keeping me cozy and warm. I made sure to wear clothing that can keep me warm!" Commandant smiled as they entered the area of the Forest Guard. He lies as he truly is quite cold, but he doesn't want Rosetta to worry about his sake.

Besides... It's bad enough that they're here, and blatantly, once they leave, he doesn't want her to deal with him freezing and the discrimination from the ARU at the same time. It's bad enough that those of the Forest Guard are deemed Sinners and are hated, despite protecting them simply because of what happened in the past.

He couldn't help but frown at that. Rosetta had a rough past. Rough is an understatement, it's just unfair. But humans when angry will find a way to take out their anger and frustration on a group of people. The discrimination against the Forest Guard is a prime example of the ARU taking out their anger due to what the Forest Guard did in the past.

"Rosetta? Commandant?" Diana looked at the two with surprise, to say the least. Seeing the two here is quite unexpected, they came here with unofficial business and without informing them it seems. "It's good to see you're doing fine, Rosetta. You too, Commandant."

"The feeling is mutual. Glad to see the Forest Guard is kicking like always." Commandant smiled as he looked around the place.

"It's been a while..." Rosetta said who closed her eyes. Quietly allowing the breeze to hit her.

"Did something happen?" Diana asked. "After all, you two arrived in unofficial business."

"We're here because of Rosetta." Commandant said. "It's been a while since she's been back here, and I felt responsible for her feeling partially homesick."

"You were the one who insisted on arriving here, I merely followed through." Rosetta blushed faintly.

"I can't deny that." Chuckled the Commandant.

Chuckle

Diana let out a chuckle of her own. Looking at the two.

"It's truly good to see you two doing well, truly." Diana said. 'Although I'm a bit envious.' She thought at the pair.

"Given that we're here Commandant, what will you like to do?" Rosetta asked the man.

"Actually... While we're here, have there been any signs of corrupted around that we can take care of?"

"Corrupted...?" Diana mumbled. "Let's see... There have been signs of corrupted nearing the ARU... Quite many have been popping around lately."

"Then let's go on ahead Rosetta!" Commandant said.

"... If it's under your orders, understood."

"I'll lend out a hand." Diana said.

"No. It's fine, you don't have to go out of your way to come with us." Commandant said.

"I insist. Besides, in case anything bad happens, there will be back up."

"Why would anything bad happen?"

"..." Rosetta and Diana frowned at the comment. It seems like the Commandant forgot all that happened a few days ago.

"... Guys?"

"Ignore him. Although it pains me to say it, he can be quite stubborn." Rosetta said with closed eyes.

"I can see that..." Diana nodded.

"Guh...! Verbal abuse." Commandant said in dejection, the people he build up a relationship with talking behind his back.

-~-