Chapter 32

"Commandant Commandant Commandant. You're alright."

"Yeah... I am? Why? Did something happen?" The Commandant found himself staring at No. 21 who arrived at his office. After a few days passed, he was able to leave the room he was confined in. Oftentimes, he would see Gray Raven visit him alongside a few others.

Now he's out of there and able to walk freely again. He is happy at this given he began growing tired of being stuck in one place.

"Of course, there is a problem. You were almost taken away." No. 21 said. "I would have decimated everyone but Vera ordered us to stay put... I was really on edge of disobeying her for a moment." She said.

"Decimated is a bit extreme don't you think?"

"Not at all. Maybe torture..."

I get that what happened was wrong... But I always forget how protective they are.

"J-Jokes aside—"

"Jokes? What jokes?"

"Okay! Moving from that previous topic! What brings you here?"

"Mm... I don't know." No. 21 shrugged. "I just wanted to make sure you were okay. After that, I have no clue..."

"I see..." Looking away from the small stack of paper. The Commandant smiled as he got up and picked up the papers. "How about accompanying me?"

"Accompanying you?"

"I'm finished with work. I just have to turn these in. Sometimes I go to the lounge and simply relax and take a break there."

"The lounge huh..." No. 21 hummed in thought. "That place you see all kinds of groups... Even Constructs you'd surprisingly see have a hatred towards one another."

"That's the power of bonding I suppose."

The only reason some of them haven't ripped each other's heads is because I always get in between them. It's such a hassle... Good grief.

He sighs tiredly at the thought.

-~-

"Rebecca."

"Commandant..."

The two stare off at one another as they greeted each other. No. 21 stood close by the Commandant, she stared at Rebecca with a frown as her gaze was intense.

"So how are things going?" The Commandant calmly stated.

"Things are fairing well thank you." Rebecca stared forth without batting an eye at the man. "Some troublesome problems have occurred."

"You don't say..." The Commandant hummed in agreement as he faced forth as well. A smile appeared on his face as he gripped the papers in his hand. "Well, my stop is forward. Take care."

"The same goes for you..." A mutual answer came out of Rebecca's mouth as she took a right turn and continued walking.

"..." No. 21 stared at Rebecca's disappearing figure with a frown. She doesn't like that woman. Regardless, she turned to look at the Commandant who sniffed the air with confusion.

"Huh. She tried a new perfume it seems." The Commandant mumbled with amusement earning a jab from No. 21. "Ow!!! What was that for?!" He looked down to his side at his fellow companion and friend.

"No reason."

"Nikola~"

"Hearing that singing voice already tells me who's it gonna be..." Nikola frowned with a sigh as he turned around and looked at the Commandant and No. 21 who walked into the room.