Chapter 29

"Still being monitored..."

She had her arms crossed as she glanced around. She eyed the two figures from afar and in the shadows as said figures are surrounded.

"Certainly, I do wonder where we're going." Roland hummed with a smile as he looked over to the right of him. "Do stop staring intensely. Your gaze is irritating."

The soldiers surrounded the Commandant and Roland as they lead them away.

"Roland... Be quiet." The Commandant said with a sigh. "Once they see you, they'll let you go. I on the other hand. Sigh Forget it..." He mumbled with a slight frown.

She watched on at the interaction and remained blankly staring. But slowly and surely, a scowl began emerging. She gripped her sheathe tightly and closed her eyes.

Alpha was not happy.

-~-

"Oh my, what rude individuals..." Roland continued to smile as he was forced to exit the room. He watched as the Commandant remains sitting alone on a chair with a calm look, but he saw his face falter and let out a tired expression. The door shut as the soldiers remained to guard the door and looked at Roland, telling him to get away.

"Hmph... Humans." Roland said as he walked away. He stopped and smiled widely as he saw a familiar face. "Well, well. It's been a while."

"..."

"Why the long face?"

"Why have you come to our side?" Alpha questioned Roland with her usual impassive expression.

"I would have joined sooner, trust me, I really would have. But Ms. Luna asked me to continue staying vigilant and not join Babylonia. Now, she's asked me to join."

"This complicates things with you here now." Alpha said.

"I can see why... Those gentlemen were quite strict when the Commandant explained to them that he came in contact with me and that I have decided to join Babylonia and be under his watch..." Roland muttered. "Isn't it funny? I never would have thought you would be back in Babylonia... On their side—"

"Enough with your blabbering." Alpha closed her eyes with an unbothered look. "Given you're here, it's obvious now that the Commandant will be—"

-~-

"I-I'm being... Taken?" The Commandant widened his eyes as he looked at the man in front of him with his handcuffed hands. Around him, he was surrounded by multiple soldiers as he got pulled up.

Hours after the interrogation about how he came in contact with Roland, and how he managed to have him join their side, they came back and placed handcuffs on him. He was forced to wait in solitary in this enclosed room that felt more like a prison.

"You've been determined to have violated countless military laws. Conspiring against humanity, alongside coming in contact with another Ascendant."

"Hold on! What makes you think I betrayed anyone?!"

"Not one, not two, but you've put multiple Constructs under your arm to order who have been previously affiliated with being enemies."

"HOW DOES THAT LEAD ME TO BETRAY ANYONE?!"

"Isn't it strange...?"

"H-Huh?" The Commandant blinked at the sudden words thrown his way. Confused about what exactly the upper-up is saying.

"A single Commandant such as you. It's strange and skeptical that such a person has many Constructs under his wing. Whether it be members of the other teams as well. We've found it suspicious that you're able to be with many Constructs. Not just Constructs, especially the Ascendants. All evidence points to you being a traitor. For why would such enemies willingly wish to cooperate and work with you?"