Chapter 3

"Picking up resources huh? Let's hope this time, no ambush happens." Commandant stretched a bit as he looked at the mission. Seems like some supplies got stranded after the soldiers got destroyed by the Corrupted. And now they're going to retrieve the supplies back. "..." He remained silent as he felt more than one presence.

"You guys need to learn what personal space is." He whispered, sensing the shadows behind him. He only shivers as the construct known as Lucia: Crimson Abyss, otherwise known as Alpha. The shocking manner of learning that the Ascendant they encountered for the first time is... Lucia.

Still... Why the Ascendant became his construct... He has no idea. He's not sure how to respond or interact with the older colder Lucia.

There's no show of emotion ever coming from Alpha, nor have there been signs of reactions. She's always blunt and simply built like a machine. Though... That hasn't stopped him from trying to interact with her. Her way of talking or the way she sees him...

He has no idea whether she likes or dislikes him. At most, he feels like he's but a bother to her. Or just trash in her eyes since she said she doesn't like weak opponents. Given that they were enemies or probably are still...

He can only think that she still sees him as both her Commandant and a weak enemy. But even so... In the end, she too is Lucia.

Sigh

He rubs his forehead with a tired look.

"Seems like it'll take a while until we arrive..." He frowned.

"Commandant. Perhaps for now you should sit and rest until we arrive at our location."

Boing

He blinked as he felt two soft orbs press against his head. But he also knew whose voice that was.

"P-please refrain from getting so close, Rosetta. You startled me." He moved away as he chuckled nervously.

"You should learn to focus on your surroundings Commandant. If you're so caught off guard just like that, you might as well be simply dead." Rosetta said.

"Right..." He didn't deny it as he only scratched his arm embarrassingly. "I guess I would be good as dead in the end." He said.

"Do not listen to her Commandant." Alpha said. "Not being cautious is just room for you to improve on. The more you improve, the better you become aware of your surroundings. You'll get stronger doing so."

"That's why I have you guys. Besides, a human like me can't do much in defending myself when it comes to this stuff. That's why I have you guys."

"Very flattering Commandant... Which is why I entrust myself to always protect you." Rosetta said, placing her hand right on the man's head. Rubbing it as she pats him. "Yes... I will entrust that you're safe. Very safe."

"Eh... H-hehe." Commandant nervously gulped as Rosetta continued to spoil him with her affection.

"With your current power, I would say you're not fitting for the role to protect Commandant. But instead I." Alpha grabbed the Commandant's shoulder and forcefully pulled him by her, he feels her breath close to him. "I'll guarantee he's safe and never gets harmed."

"No. He's safer with me." Commandant felt his body shift back to Rosetta.

The shift continued with him going back and forth by both constructs. Sweating as he feels their stares intensify as they stare at each other off.

"Both of you... Calm down."

"Which do you prefer to be with?!" He yelps as both of them stared at him.

"Uh..." He doesn't know what's going on. First Liv acting strange... Now Rosetta and Alpha. Lucia, Lee, and Kamui were normal from what he can remember. "Look... I'd just prefer it if you both can protect me. There's no one over the other." He said.

"Insufficient answer, if you were to choose one of us. Which will it be?" Rosetta asked.

"Look you two, just... Stop for now. I don't want anything bad to happen okay? I care for the two of you deeply." He told both of them. "Just please stop fighting. I wouldn't like it if a fight between you two were to happen."

"..." Both of them went quiet as they followed their orders.

Commandant exhales in relief. Letting both their grips off of him as he sits down while they reach their destination.

Puff Puff

He blinked as he felt a total of four hands. Two arms wrapped over his left while another two wrapped over his right.

He blushed as he felt both Rosetta and Alpha's heads resting against his shoulders while they held him with a tight grip.

"... You two think you can let go a bit—"

"No."

He remained quiet for the rest of the trip. With the two hogging him around as he could do nothing. With a wave of exhaustion hitting him, he'd slowly drift off into sleep with the two by his side.

-~-

"H-huh? Wha?" Slapping himself awake as he slowly recalled the dream he just had. "Of course, it was a dream... Those two wouldn't cling to me like that. Come on Commandant... Get your head out the gutter." He said with a light chuckle at the weird dream he just had.

"What dream Commandant?"

"Huh? Nothing much Alpha. Just an odd dream I had."

"What was it about?" Rosetta asked.

"Well hmm..." He paused, looking at both his sides. 'So it wasn't a dream...' He thought.

"Nevermind." He said.

"What was the dream about Commandant?" Alpha pursued.

"Just... Forget it." He couldn't help but blush. The both of them were too close to him. It's almost suffocating.

Poke

"I felt something poke me." Rosetta said.

"Really? I wonder what's poking you." Alpha mumbled.

Thud

"... Both of you I need space!" Commandant yelled as he ran out of the ship as they finally landed and arrived at their location.

"?" Both Constructs stared with innocence as they were confused.

They ran out in response, who knows if Commandant can be targeted instantly. His safety is their top priority. But at the same time, they wondered.

Did they do something wrong? Did they make him mad?

The thought of the Commandant being mad at them struck them with a dejection state.

-~-

Word Count: 1,044