Chapter 33

"..."

He looked on with a frozen expression as he walked.

"What... What the hell?" The Commandant stared at the plushie of himself with shock.

Why is there a toy of me?

He grips the plush with confusion while scratching his head. "Huh. The quality doesn't look too bad..." He looked on with amusement as he stared at his toy self.

"Commandant."

"Huh? Oh, hey Rebecca." He blinked as he was greeted by Rebecca. "Huh. This is the second time we've bumped into each other."

"Indeed." A short answer was all he got as they continued to walk. "I take it work has been the same?"

"Mm." The Commandant hummed in response as he continued to stare down at his hand while staring at the plush. "Lately I've been deployed out more recently. Of course, that is to be expected given how much stronger the Punishing Virus has gotten. Not to mention the Hetero-Creatures being another pain..." He complained.

"..."

"Speaking of which, how have things been on your end?" He looked up from his hand and stared forward.

"I wish to say things have going swell, but recently my work overload has increased." Rebecca sighed while taking quick glances at the man next to her. She then looked over at her destination. "This is my stop. I will see you again."

"Mm. See ya." The Commandant continued staring forth as he then heard Rebecca turn quickly and walked away. He sniffed the air as he twitched slightly. "She changed perfume again..." He muttered as the smell causes him to smile slightly. The perfume she used this time smelled really nice.

Huh. She has good taste in perfume.

-~-

"Your painting is looking splendid."

"Thanks. The same can be said for you. Then again, that is to be expected of the infamous painter herself."

"Hehe. Your words are nice like always."

"I'm but being honest you know? It's not simply about being nice. Everyone knows that you're an amazing painter."

The Commandant looked on over at Ayla with a smile as they both sat on separate chairs. They sat next to each other, their supplies at hand as they looked at one another's paintings on the stands.

"Huh. What a sweet painting." The Commandant smiled as he looked over at Ayla's finished masterpiece. "Is that what you envision your future?"

He looked on at the painting with a soft smile. It had three people. One of those three people was him. The other one was Ayla herself who stood in the center. On her left was Selena, and on her right was him. Smiles were on their faces while Ayla clung to the two.

"Huh. How sweet..." The Commandant muttered.

"What about you? What is it that you envision in the future?" Ayla looked over at the Commandant's painting.

She stared at the painting as she found herself looking on with surprise. The background was at the surface, the sun rising over the horizon with a battlefield that has finished taking place. Humans, Constructs, Corrupted, and many weapons lay scattered around with blood on the ground. The sky was clear of clouds as a masculine hand seemed to be raised. She blinked as she noticed more and more hands that were both male and female. She widened her eyes when she saw her own.

"Beautiful right?" The Commandant winked at Ayla as he sighed. "I would have drawn everyone's hands but I kinda used up a lot of space and couldn't put everyone there."