Chapter 24

"What's all the commotion about?" Liv noticed that the cafeteria was very loud with commotion this morning. She looked over at Lucia and Lee who seemed just as confused.

"Haven't you seen?" A new voice crept up from behind the three. They turned around and were met with Vanessa. Instantly, Liv's eyes turned slightly cold at the Chief Commandant. "It seems like the Commandant has been caught spending personal time with... the new Construct." Vanessa glanced over at a table in the cafeteria. A frown escaped her as she looked at the scene.

"A new Construct?" Lee whispered with interest. This is the first that he's heard. In Babylonia, new Constructs are always appearing. But the fact that the Commandant is spending personal time with said Construct must mean something.

"Are they male or female?" Lucia tilted her head and looked at Vanessa with a dead gaze. Of course, this reaction caused Vanessa to just smile.

"The second one—"

"You've done it now..." Lee sighed. "You cause trouble like always." He frowned.

"Since when did you machines get a backbone—"

"Vanessa."

"?"

"Shut up." Lucia said with a frown.

-~-

"You want to... feed me?"

"Just like old times." Amara brought her fork up toward the Commandant's face. She smiled as she closed her eyes and poked the man on his cheek with said fork. "This was always my favorite activity..."

"Hmph..." A smile escaped from the Commandant's face. He opened his mouth as he was fed a piece of meat and chewed on it. Tender...

"Was it good?"

"Yeah. Very... But are you sure this should be done in public? I don't want to scare you... but..."

"The Constructs seem to hold you in high regard?" Amara smiled as she looked around, and noticed the stares they were receiving, especially her. "I already know."

"..." The Commandant laughed nervously. "Sorry that you have to deal with this. At first, I figured it was just some sort of new virus that infects Constructs. But... they just seem..."

"Obsessed?" Amara tilted her head.

"..." The Commandant wordlessly nodded toward her as he frowned. "I don't get it. I know it's me that they're obsessed with. But I don't see why?"

"Hmm..." Amara hummed as she closed her eyes. She rests her head against her lover's shoulder. "Just like me, they all learned how magnificent and beautiful you are. It's not just the Constructs that have this obsession with you. Might I say, even some of the other Commandants?"

"Beautiful? Magnificent?" The Commandant blinked as he looked over his shoulder and stared at Amara. Although this is truly the person he once knew, he began to notice how... she seems to act more upward and bubbly. He has never heard her call him beautiful and magnificent. Though he did find himself surprised at what she said... some of the other Commandants... have a thing for him?

HUH?! Like who?!

"They're obsessed with you because you are you. Whether it be your kindness or your will, there's something within your being that is found likable by others. They simply adore you, just like I do."

"..." The Commandant blushed as he looked away. "So what you're saying is..."

"Yes~ It's simply the emotion that everyone knows as... Love." Amara whispered into the Commandant's ear. "One of the greatest examples is... Lucia!" She smiled as she put some space between the two of them.