Chapter 37

"Huh...that's her name huh?" He looked over the file of his coworker. His curiosity got the best of him and given he didn't know her name, he did some digging. "Ishmael..." He plopped the file down on his desk and sighed. He's seen enough, he's satisfied.

I've never been so desperate for information about someone I don't even know...what is wrong with me? He ruffled his hair as he got up from his chair and groaned. "Geez, is it because I think she's hot? Or is it another reason?" He admits, Ishmael is attractive. When he first saw her, he felt like he can get caught up in her gaze and even felt quite flustered when talking to her.

Yet he can't help but think there's more to her. He's confused and can't figure out why he feels like he knows her but can't recall a single thing at all about her. The more he thinks of her, the more hazy his mind gets. In a way, he's fixated on her. Stupid me. I'm acting like I have a crush on her. Even though I don't even know her! He really has some issues. Perhaps he should seek a therapist.

"Commandant? Have you been taking your medication?"

"Y-Yes Liv! I have!" He panicked and put the file in the first layer of his drawer and locked it.

"Hmm?" Liv blinked as she tilted her head as she noticed the slight distress on the man's face. "Have you gotten a fever?"

"Nope! Just got startled while I was working because I didn't expect to hear your voice out of nowhere."

"I should have knocked before speaking to you, my apologies for startling you." Liv walked over to the Commandant as she placed down a report. "This is the report that came from Diana."

"Diana huh? I haven't heard of her in a while. With all that's been going on, I hope everything is going fine..." He grew worried as he grabbed the file and began to read it. "It's been a while since I've heard of her..."

The Commandant read over the report.

"Of course...even the Hetero-Creatures would reach the Arctic. Just when you thought the Corrupted were our only problem, alongside the Ascendants. It's almost like no matter what, new enemies pop up." He shook his head. "It seems they're holding up on their own just fine so far. She's also thankful for us having sent help their way... It was a good thing I sent Rosetta out there."

"Was it wise to send Alpha with Rosetta? Those two don't get along."

"I wouldn't say they don't get along. When I see them, I see a rivalry...just like how Alpha and Lucia are rivals as well." The Commandant placed the report down and cracked his neck tiredly. "But if you're worried about those two regardless, relax. I made sure that Alpha has her little sister with her to keep her in place."

"You sent Luna to the Arctic as well?" Liv asked with surprise. "But why?"

"If Alpha is gonna need to be put in place and listen, only Luna can be the one to control her." Such is the way when you care deeply for your little sister.

"Doesn't Alpha listen to you as well?" Liv asked. "Don't we all listen to you unless we find a reason to argue with you."

"It's almost like you all listen because I'm stuck in some harem bullshit." The Commandant huffed. "While yes, Alpha does listen to me. You must remember that she hardly listens to anyone. For the most part before, she only ever listened to Luna. Funny how that works doesn't it? The older sister is being controlled by the younger one." He chuckled.

"Have you ever wanted a sibling of your own, Commandant?"

The Commandant hummed at the question that Liv sent his away. "I never really thought of it. My mind was that of steel for most of my life...such thoughts were ignored. I guess you can say I never had those thoughts, but thinking of it now...a sibling of my own does sound nice. Mind giving me a massage?"