Chapter 2 ~kill them with kindess~

I go to my house with Ren. It's the first time I've stepped in this place in weeks.

"Ardin? Elias?", I call for my siblings. No response.

I walk outside with Ren to see my sister and a few of her friends eating on the beach laughing.

"Here's a swim suit. Go inside and change I'll be waiting on you okay?" She smiles and runs inside to change.

I walk over to my sister. "Hey sis.", I wave. "Oh hey Daphne." "Daphne! It's good to see you! Look how much you've changed! Capital did good with you!", one of them say.

"Thanks.", I say through gritted teeth. "I heard you know Finnick Odair. What's he like?", another one asks. "He's wonderful thanks for asking." "Is he still single? He's too handsome to not have at least one girl."

"No, he's got someone." "Ugh that's a shame. You should introduce us one day." "I'll definitely put in a good word for you."

Ren runs outside then over to me. I pick her up. "Who's this?", one of them ask.

"This is Ren. She's Finnick's little sister.", I smile. "This is bubbies girlfriend!", Ren smiles at them. Their mouths drop.

"Let's go in the ocean okay Ren?" She nods. I walk away from them keeping Ren in my arms. "Nice one.", I whisper to her.

"Those girls seem mean.", she frowns. "You're a good judge of person Ren because you're absolutely right."

"Then why are you putting in a good word about them to bubby?" "Sometimes you just gotta kill them with kindness." She giggles.

"Wanna hear a story?" She nods. "When Finnick and I were little those girls tripped me in the halls. I dropped everything that was in my hands You bubby came over and helped me pick them up before either of us ever knew each other." She smiles.

We swim off a little deeper into the ocean.

Something catches my eye under water. I dive under too see a beautiful shell. I grab it and come back up to the surface.

Ren swims back over to me.

"What did you find?", she asks. "A shell. Isn't it beautiful?"

She smiles and nods her head. "What if we made a necklace with it for bubby?", she asks. "That's a good idea. I'm sure he'll love it."

Authors note-
it's short I know but it's fine. Also I'm a sucker for feedback so any suggestions or ideas on how to make my stories better please share them!