CHAPTER - 16

Once the shooting got over, Sivaangi went to the seashore and stood there with her arms crossed over her chest. The only sound of waves hitting the shore and the gentle breeze along with smell of soil is always a complete bliss.

Arjun, who came in search of her stopped on his tracks seeing her near the seashore, her back facing him. Smiling to himself, he started jogging towards her rather walking.

Sivaangi wiped down the tears that formed without her knowledge, when she heard footsteps behind her.

She turned to see Arjun approaching her, which brought an instant smile to her face.

When he saw her closer, he frowned at her glistened eyes but smiled seeing her smile.

"What are you doing here?" He asked after standing beside her.

"Chumma, sight seeing" she winked at him, for which, he crouch down nodding with a smile.

"Nee kilambala?" She asked him after a moment of silence. He just shook negatively before asking "Shall we ?" pointing the ground.

Both of them settled on the shore beside eachother by holding their hands around their knees respectively.

After sometime, he asked "Enachu Sivaangi" by facing her.

"Enachu'na" she too turned towards him cocking her eyebrows.

"Something is bothering you-la atha thaan ena-nu kekuren" she averted her sight from him.

He shook his head before taking a deep breathe and lean backward balancing himself with his hands.

"You don't need to hide your tears from me Siv, Moreover, you can't"

That's it. She can't hide it anymore. She sobbed burying her face in her palms which rested on her knees.

He couldn't see her in such state. He had a rush to pull her into his embrace and erase all her worries by showering her with his unconditional love, but he doesn't want to scare her, definitely not now.

So he controlled himself and kept his hands on her head, caressing it. In reflex, she held his hand in between her palms and cried on it.

"I don't know why you are crying...unaku yaarkita yaachum sollanum-nu thonuchu-na enkita sollu, I won't judge you and you know that too" he said tightening his hold.

After sometime, she lifted her head and wiped her tears, still holding his hand within hers. She signalled him to come closer, to which he frowned for a second before moving closer to her.

She held his biceps and leaned on his shoulder while he patted her hold affectionately.

"Public figure'a irukurathu avlo thappa Jun" her question made his actions halt. He furrowed his eyebrows when he saw her typing something in her mobile before giving it to him.

He took it to see the twitter page under thr hashtag of her name.

He started to read those tweets little bit louder enough for both of them to hear. They laughed at the pickup lines from her fanboys, proposing her apparently.

'Adapaavigala, yaaru da neengalam' he mentally chided them.

While reading, his voice stopped at a particular tweet. She confusedly lifted her head to see him but he hid the mobile display from her.

"Ena Jun, enna thitirukangala...naa already paathuten Jun..ipo poi maraikuringa" she laughed at him while he looked at her perplexed.

"Antha ID kulla poi paarunga" she said and again laid on his shoulder.

He surfed through that ID which made him to fist his hand for every tweets until a small hand squeezed his.

"Namaku pudichavangala celebrate panna thaana fan page start panuvanga...aana inga paaru thiturathukaga oru page" she smiled sarcastically.

"Evlothan nalla tweets vanthalum ipdi onnu kanla padum pothu mothama onumila'ma poiduthu Jun"

"It changed me a lot Jun, teriyuma? I lost my usual chirpiness. I missed being myself nowadays" she wiped her tears which was flowing continuously.

"Mudila Jun. Yarukita solrathu-nu teriyama, evlo naal thaniya azhuthurupen teriyuma"

He bent down to look at her who is still facing the ground. 'How much his little munchkin has suffered so far?' his eyes teared at the mere thought.

"Ithunala avangalukulam apdi ena happiness kidaikuthu Junn" she finally looked at him while he patted her.

"Naa onnu sollava"

"Ena Jun ignore negativity nu solla poringala"

He smiled at her and shook his head negatively. She narrowed her eyes at him. "Ila ma, we chose this path where negativity and criticism are inevitable part of it. We need to get used to it"

"As of I know, you are one of the strongest women I had met. And about change, it is good but it depends on 'for why?' and 'for whom?', still you have people who accepted you as you".

He took her little palm into his hold and look into her eyes. "Moreover now, I am there with you, to vent out your laments, to lend a shoulder when you cry, to stand by you".

Her eyes moistened, perceiving what he said. She shrink her eyes with a nod asking for a promise.

"I don't want to promise in words. Let me hear from you one day that I will be there for you at any time no matter what. For that..." She frowned at him to finish his words.

"Will you let me be your comrade ?" He showed her, his fisted knuckles. He winked at her making her chuckle in tears.

"I will accept only if you lend me an icecream" she said raising her forefinger infront of him.

He hooked his forefinger with hers "Fraud-u vaa". They laugh at eachother before getting up to leave.

While they were walking towards the car, her mobile rang. She mouthed 'Amma' to Arjun before attending the call.

"Sollu maa"

"Kilambiten ma varen"

"Arjun kooda" at the mention of his name he shouted near her ears making her jerk "Maa, Icecream kekura maa"

"Ma ma avan poi soluran ma" she glared him.

"Apo enna namba maata" she kept her hands on her hips as if her mother can see her.

"Po ma vai varen" she cut the call abruptly and turned towards Arjun "Dei unna" she chased while he started to run "Nillu Juney".

He stopped the car infront of her house after treating her with her favourite Icecream. They both got down and stood facing eachother.

She took two steps towards her house by looking at him. He smirked at her and kept his arms crossed over his chest.

She chuckled before ran towards him and hugged him by neck in a flip, to which he stood there frozen. Least he expect is a bye or a side hug but this.

They had hugged before but this is something a way different from those. Somewhat intimate.

Feeling his heartbeat against her, she tightened her hold bringing him back to his senses and he hugged her back tightly.

They parted away with a smile but he holded her wrist and pulled her towards him. He kissed three of his fingers before placing it on her forehead. In reflex, she closed her eyes with a shy smile.

He released her slowly from his hold and let her go. He waved at her before getting into the car. Smilingly, she stood behind the gate till the car get disappeared from her sight.

Least did they know is someone watching their whole exchange from the balcony.

______________________________________

Thank you for reading 💖

-- Krithi

Do comment your thoughts 💞💞