CHAPTER - 34

It's been a week, since they got discharged and reached Chennai. Sivaangi took care of him well, except the time she had her recordings.

She made sure that her parents or her brother would accompany Arjun in her absence.

His mother would check him from time to time either from himself or from Sivaangi.

As usual that morning, Sivaangi reached his house and hopped into his room to find it empty. She shrunk her eyebrows whilst scratching her temples in confusion.

She peeped into the balcony to see him leaning back on the couch over his hands which were folded back.

"Arrjuunnn" he smiled in response to her rhyming, which doesn't reach his eyes.

She frowned at him and moved towards him before standing opposite to him with her arms crossed over her chest, leaning on the wall.

"Yen inga vanthu utkanthuruka?" she questioned when he raised one of his eyebrows quizzically.

While he just shrugged and stared at the clear sky without blinking as if it was his favourite movie.

Her eyes shrunk and her eye sight moved from Arjun to sky and then back to Arjun.

She shook her head in disbelief and inhaled sharply before calling him.

"Arjun" to which she earned a hum in return.

"Enachuu Arjun.. Are you alright?" She asked settling beside him.

"Yeah I'm fine" he replied without averting his eyes.

"Etho sari ila... Kaal vazhikutha? Namma vena hospital polama?"

"No need Sivaangi.. Naa nalla thaan iruken" he uttered sternly and got up to move inside but she held his wrist and stood up facing him.

"Why are you straining yourself Arjun.. Vaa naa kutitu poren"

"Pch.. Enaku adi thaan patruku Sivaangi... Kaalae ilama pona mari yen ipdi irritate panra" he shouted pulling his hands out, making her flinch while her eyes got moistened.

"A-r-j-u-n" she whispered trembling and try to hold his arms again but he pulled out his arms forcefully before moving away.

After taking two more steps "Mch" he hit his own head when he realised what he did and turned towards her, who was standing there with her head crouched down, her lips trembling and her eyes shedding tears continuously.

"Siv..." his words stopped when she raised her palm infront of him before moving away wiping her tears.

Sighing, He sat back on the couch with his eyes closed.

After sometime, he sensed someone standing in front of him, while the sun rays which fell on his face got disturbed.

He opened his eyes to see Sivaangi standing there with her hands folded back.

She stretched out her hand before him with closed palms. His eyebrows did a little jump as if asking 'what'.

She opened her fingers one by one to reveal a narrow cylindrical shaped material, a cigarette.

His eyes widened and he looked at her while she simply smiled before leaning back on the wall.

"Na paathuruken apo apo enaku teriyama thaniya poi itha pudipala" saying so she extended the cigarette before him.

"Athu.." he sat there without getting it, in hesitation.

"Ithuku thana ivlo kovam irritation-lam.. hmm?... Intha" she asked showing it.