CHAPTER - 44

His bike halted with a screech sound infront of her house. He took a deep breathe closing his eyes, turned down the bike key and got down from it before rushing inside her house.

While entering, the first thing that got his sight is a hand which was holding a ring moving towards her direction.

Before it reaches her, Arjun grabbed the ring and slide it into her finger. Sighing, his glassy eyes met her misty one before kissing her forehead after pulling her towards him by her neck. They hugged and cried in each other embrace silently.

Tup

Tup

Subsequent sounds of poppers, brought them back and they looked up to see colorful papers above them, then their sight slide down to see Saran and Sakthi bursting it from either of their sides.

They both winked at them when Arjun saw everyone behind them have a content smile on their face, instead of shock or anger.

Frowning, he looked at Sivaangi who tilted her head, whereas he followed her eyesight only to widen his eyes as he didn't expect his family present there.

"Maa"

"Enna da mappila bayanthutya" Arjun turned his head towards Pugazh with a frown.

Looking at Arjun's confused face his mother moved towards him with a smile and patted his cheeks before saying, "Nangalum evlo naal neeyae soluvanu wait panrathu? Athan (she winked at him before raising her eyebrows) Epdi suprise?"

Arjun stood there speechless, he didn't know how to react. Do he want to be happy for this shocking suprise ? or Do he want to be sad for what he had undergone a few moments earlier ?

He looked at everyone's face consequently before moving out without minding their calls.

The very next second, everyone's focus turned towards Sivaangi, who shrank her eyes before looking at her mother in law, with raised eyebrows.

"Po di poi kutitu va"

"Mmm.(Sivaangi stared at her with raised eyebrows) Aama nenga ellam pannunga kadaisila samathanam panna matum naana... Too bad Athai... Hmm" she twisted her lips.

"Ohhoo apo madamku ipo nadanthathula virupamila ithu venam ila?" his mother asked to which she shrugged.

"Apo okay antha ring ah kudu"

"Athh...thabha... Juneyyy iru naanum varen ivanga ellam romba mosam cha" she shouted before sprinting outside, hiding her ring with another palm.

"Oi vaalu vanthenu vai" his mother shouted but it's too late.

Everyone chuckled at this mother-in-law daughter-in-law attrocities.

Sivaangi came out in search of Arjun and found him near the tree.

"Arj(un)" she tried to touch him but he moved away making her to look at him.

Their eyes met for a second, one pair of eyes held confusion , disappointment while the other pair held innocence , hurt. But one similar thing the both pairs had is an unknown happiness.

She took a deep breathe before turning him towards her by helding his arms.

"Arjun... Dei enmela ethuku kovama iruka... Enakae ipo than ma teriyum... I'm sor(ry)"

He didn't let her to complete, he hugged her tightly as if she will disappear if he leave her.

"Arjunn"

"Romba bayanthuten di"

She smiled when she felt his hold becoming strong on her.

After sometime they parted away and chuckled in delight.

"Sari seekiram vaa engagement ah mudichikalam" she pulled him but he held back with a frown.

"Enna"

"Ada nee matum thana ring potruka naa poda venama.. apothana complete aagum"

Arjun sighed before knocking her head while she rubbed that place.

"Dei"

"Ethaiyum mulusa solu di loosu"

'Mudichikalam aam mudichikalam paithyam' he murmured.

"Apdi ena thappa solitom" she knitted her eyebrows.

"Tongue roll aagiduchu da" she smiled sheepishly recognising her words while he fake glared her before moving inside.

"Dei nillu da" she ran behind him and caught his arms before walking inside.

🌿

Sivaangi is throwing daggers at her newly wed husband who was laughing maniacly for the past ten minutes.

"Deii ethuku da sirikura" her question remind him what happened few minutes earlier and made him laugh hard.

Before a while, Arjun was sitting on the bed which was decorated for their special night all smiling thinking about how his Chellama become his love and now his wife a few hours ago.

The door creeping sound caught his attention and he looked up at his love dolled up beautifully in light pink saree walked upto him fidgeting her saree pallu while he chuckled at her silently.

Controlling his smile, He patted the bed beside him beckoning her to sit while she obliged by taking each step carefully whilst looking at him and floor alternatively. Arjun, who couldn't stop his smile broke into laughter.

After a good few minutes,

"Deii" Sivaangi's voice made him to raise his hands up as a surrender.

"Sorry di" he pulled her to sit on the bed and pinched her cheeks.

"Nee vetkapattu first time pakurena athan sorry di chellakutty" she twisted her lips and turned away making him smile.

Arjun made her to look into his eyes before placing a kiss on her forehead while she smiled in response.

"Po poi dress change panitu vaa" He said while moving towards his cupboard to take his dress.

When Sivaangi came out of the bathroom, she saw Arjun leaning back on the headrest with eyes closed. He opened his eyes hearing her and smiled before widening his arms. She walked and jumped onto the bed before crawling towards him. She hugged him by his waist and leaned on his chest while he wrapped his arms around her.

After sometime he tilted his head and stared at her while she looked up at him and asked what.

"Pudusa terira di" he whispered which made her insides churn.

"Ithu" he held the yellow thread around her neck to kiss it.

"Ithu" pointing the kumkum on her forehead.

"Apromm ithu" referring to the saree she is wearing.

"Ithellam sernthu unna pakurapo enamo panuthu di"

"I'm flabbergasted as if I was floating... This second, I need to show you how much I love you... En motha aasaiyum kaatanumnu thonuthu"

His every word in whispering voice formed knots on her stomach. The surroundings become heat at that moment.

"Junn" her voice came out as a whisper.

"Over ah pesurenla..Forget it .. Unaku thookam varutha... Sorry... Sorry come... Let's sleep" he slide down but she held him.

He raised his eyebrows whereas she asked "Thappu panlama" with a wink.

Arjun knitted his eyebrows and nodded his head once again in amusement and grinned after receiving a acceptance nod from her, before pulling the bedsheet over them to make their night a memorable one.
______________________________________

Thank you for reading 💖

-- Krithi

Do comment your thoughts 💞💞

I know it's a long gap. Sorry for making you all wait so long but situations couldn't help. ❤️

Missed this story?😁

Let's meet you all in epilogue 😁😁