CHAPTER - 31

When Arjun was about to open his mouth, a bright flash light fell on their face made them to turn towards it. And, they saw a truck coming in their direction.

On seeing it, Arjun turned the steering wheel to the full left followed by the right, which leads them to escape from the truck. But the car hit on the tree and halted with a screeching sound.

Arjun was fast enough to crab the heart pillow nearby and placed it inbetween Sivaangi and the dashboard, in order to prevent her from hitting, forgetting his own head is going to hit on the steering wheel.

After a minute of silence, Sivaangi opened her eyes slowly, trembling, and lifted her head before scanning her surrounding.

"Arjun" she whispered seeing Arjun lying unconsciously, as his head hit on the steering wheel.

"Arjun" she called out loud patting him but there was no reaction.

She lift his head and made him lean on his back while tears flowing down her cheeks uncontrollably.

"Arjunnn" she whimpered closing her mouth, when she saw the blood on his forehead.

She slapped his cheeks, hit his chest, screaming his name but all went in vain.

Gulping hard, she moved her hand towards his nose and left a sigh, after his bot breathe hit her fingers but it was very slow.

She quickly picked her mobile to call an ambulance but there was no signal. She tapped her mobile on her palm in frustration.

She throwed it and it landed on the back seat, while she got down from the car. She look around whether there was anyone to ask for help. But no one was there.

Her heart was palpitating and her palms sweated. She don't know what to do. She cried hard leaning her front on the car saying his name.

She lifted her and looked up at the sky with hot tears flowing down her cheeks. She wiped her face using her palms.

That's when her eyes caught the cross symbol, in bright red colour admist in that dark night, which seems to represent a hospital. She took a deep breathe and moved towards the passenger seat.

After a lot of struggle, she dragged him to the passenger seat by his shoulder followed by his legs. She buckled the seat belt over him and moved to the driver seat not before closing the door.

She started the car and drove towards the hospital, continuously wiping her tears. She was praying to every God she knows, to give back her Arjun.

She somehow reached the hospital, but couldn't stop the car. She reduced the speed and dashed on the ambulance, bringing the car to halt.

Hearing the sound, the ambulance driver and the helper came back to see a car dashed onto the ambulance.

They moved near the car to see two people lying unconsciously. They took both of them in hastiness and moved inside the hospital.

🌿

Sivaangi rolled her eyelids before opening her eyes. She blinked several times to get the clear view.

She looked around to see her hand was connected to the tube for IV.

Sensing her movements, the nurse who was sitting beside her, said "Madam kann muzhichitingala oru nimisham doctor'a kutitu vanthuren" and went away.

Sivaangi stared at her disappearing figure and shut her eyes for a moment. The last she remember is she stopped the car dashing onto the ambulance.

Her mind didn't lost the sight of the image of Arjun with blood on his forehead.

She opened her eyes promptly "Arjunn" fresh tears started to form in her eyes.

The doctor came inside, checked her and gave some instructions to the nurse.

When he was about to move out, he heard "Doctor"

He turned and asked "Sollunga"

"Arjun"

"Avaruku adi konjam athigam thaan but bayapadra aalavuku onumila"

"Naa paakalama"

"Intha IV mudiyatum inoru bottle podavanga... Aprom'a poi paarunga"

"Ila doctor naa oru time paathu-tu vanthurenae please" she pleaded. No one had seen her in such a vulnerable state.

"Sorry'nga I can't allow you... Ungaluku terinjavanga yaarachum iruntha vara sollunga.... Help-ku... Athu varaikum... (He turned towards the nurse) sister neenga paathukonga" saying so he left.

She didn't have the strength to argue further with them. But she need to see him all flesh and flood. She need to ratify that her Arjun is fine. She need her Arjun beside her along with his charming smile, by now.

'Ungaluku terinjavanga yaarachum iruntha vara sollunga' Doctor's word echoed her ears.

"Sister" the nurse lifted her head to see Sivaangi.

"En phone"

"Oru nimisham" she went out excusing herself.

"Ithula unga rendu per oda things-um iruku.." she came back with a bag and gave it to her.

"Thanks"

She checked the bag and got his mobile, that's when she remembered throwing her mobile back in the car.

She unlocked his mobile to see their picture, which was taken in Pugazh's marriage.

"Sorry Junn" she couldn't quell her non-stop tears. She pressed her lips against his picture on the screen, which lingered for more than a minute.

She retreated to dial someone but stopped in confusion, to whom does she need to call, now.

Everyone in the sets had left earlier than them. Her parents or Darshan? It took more time for them to reach here from Chennai.

'Ila bro naa veetuku poren two days-ku aprom thaan Chennai-ku'

Her mind reminisced about the voice she heard before leaving the set. Without thinking twice she dialled that person's number.

"Solunga bro" the other end asked as soon as the call got connected.

"A...s...h...w...i...n" her voice trembled but he was fast enough to catch her voice.

"Maa"

She couldn't voice out, only her whimpers were audible for him, which scared him.

"Maa yenachu? Yen azhugura? Enanu sollu maa"

"As...h...wi..n...Ho..spi..tal...Na..a..." Her voice came out as whisper admist her sobs.

"Hospital'a ena hospital... Enaachu" only the word hospital caught his ears.

"Ar..ju...nn.....Acc...id...ent" she gobbled up her tears along with her words.

"Maa maa wait.. onuila.. Don't cry.. pakathula yaarathu iruntha mobile'a kudu" he said understanding her state.

She looked up to see the nurse staring at her in pity.

Sivaangi stretched out the mobile infront of the nurse while she got it. She answered Ashwin's question and returned the mobile to Sivaangi.

"Ashwin"

"Bayapadatha ma onuila naa seekram vanthuren" and the call declined with a hum.

'Arjun.. Inga vanthu enna katti pudichu "enaku onumila di Chellama" nu sollu da ... please ...' she whispered seeing the mobile screen.

'Bayama iruku Arjunn' she closed her eyes while tears were still flowing down her cheeks and sleep overtook her due to the effect of medicine.

______________________________________

Thank you for reading 💖

-- Krithi

Do comment your thoughts 💞💞