CHAPTER - 22

The man behind her stood at the door with his arms crossed. He chuckled at her reaction before clearing his throat which made her sigh and turn around on recognising who it was.

"Neeya da" she asked nonchalantly, rolling her eyes.

He furrowed his eyebrows and switched off the lights before dragging her to her room without making any noise.

"Deii yen da ipdi iluthutu vara..." She yelled caressing her elbow where he hold earlier, with a pout.

"Athu ena nee, avlo assault'a kekura neeya-nu"

"Vera epdi kekanum" she placed her hands on her hips.

"Adiye oru vayasu ponnu ipdi nadu raathiri yaarukum teriyama veetuku veliya athuvum thanya poitu vara... Thambi-ya paatha bayapada venama"

"Ohh bayapadanuma sir" he pouted whilst blinking his eyes innocently.

She clasped his palm inbetween hers "Sunder Sunder please da veetula yaarukitayum solatha da..En chellam-la... En thangam-la... En thambi ila...ila ila...En annan-la please da solatha da" she pleaded suppressing her laughter.

"Ada podi" he pulled his hand out from her hold before slumping back on the bed, which made her to laugh hard.

"Pinna ena da sir'ae help panuveenga sir'ae question-um panuveengala?" she untie her hair bun and ran her fingers through her hair.

He sat straight promptly and gulped. "En.. ena help"

"Avan kudutha gift sir kita epdi vanthuchu" she crossed her arms over her chest with a smirk.

Vinay opened and closed his mouth like a goldfish making her to hold back her snickers. Before he could say anything his mobile rang indicating

'A calling...'

Sivaangi's eyes widened at the caller ID and looked at him dubiously.

"Dei Sunder unaku girl friend-lam iruka da" she whispered in shock while he looked at her flabbergasted "Ethey?"

"Aama da naa enoda friends mobile-la paathuruken boyfriend name'a thaan ipdi single letter-la save panni vachirupanga"

Vinay looked at her for a brief second and muttered "Podi paithyam" before turned to move away.

"Girl friend ilana ingaye pesa vendiyathu thaana" she asked making him to stop on his tracks. He sighed and faced her, when the call ended.

He glared her who was cocking her knitted eyebrows. His mobile rang again startling them.

Sivaangi pulled his mobile out of his hold before attending it followed by putting it on the speaker.

"Dei Vinu.. Thanks da.. If not you, my plan will be lopsided, today. Thank you.. Thank you so much" the caller end's rantings made Sivaangi gasp.

'Adapaavi' She looked at Vinay who stood there, facepalmed himself.

"Deii Are you there?" The voice from the mobile had their attention.

"Aan (He saw Sivaangi, who was staring back at him with her arms crossed) aan iruken solunga"

"Enada silent aagita"

"Neenga soluratha thaan ketutu irunthen"

"Sari da naliku pesuren.. good night and once again thank you so much"

'Itha ipo solliye aaganuma...Ayo iva vera ipdi paakurale...Dei Sunder inimel ivaruku help panuva...mmhmm.. Neeye ipdi volunteer'a poi maatikitye da' he reminsced his encounter with Arjun earlier.

Vinay lifted his head with a confused face, to see Arjun holding his arm. He signed 'what', to which Arjun smiled at him sleepishly.

Vinay chuckled internally looking at the great protagonist of Kollywood industry, who's voice alone is more enough to frighten people, is standing infront of him, fidgeting his fingers with a nervous smile.

'What will Vinay think if he ask him to help for the suprise?' was the only thought running in Arjun's mind. But he has no other choices left.

Vinay shook his head in disbelief before asking "Unga number kudunga"

Arjun looked at him perplexed. "Enna athuku thaana stop paninga"

Arjun smiled widely and nodded his head vigorously, making the younger one chuckle.

Arjun said his number while Vinay typed it before making a call. They saved eachother's number and parted away.

In night, Vinay received Arjun's call asking him to collect the gift and deliver it to Sivaangi and he did it.

Now this man said everything in the name of thanking without knowing that the call is in speaker.

Sivaangi looked at her brother, who was smiling to her glare weirdly. He ushered her to sit on the bed and pulled the bean bag for him and sat opposite to her.

"Sari sollu unga rendu perukum naduvula ena nadakuthu" he placed his knuckles below his chin while his elbow over his thighs.

"Ena nadakuthu" she question back him with the most innocent look.

"Yeii nadikatha di"

Her cheeks turned pink on the thought of them outside her house while her lips uttered "Birthday surprise kuduka vanthan avlothan"

"Avlothaangura apro yen mugam-lam ipdi sevakuthu" he raised his eyebrows while she shut her eyes for a moment before voicing out "Yei nijamalumae suprise thaan da" she whined.

"Naa iniku kekala Sivu. That night, a week after Pugazh Anna's marriage, aniku naa paathen balcony-la irunthu" Sivaangi looked at him baffled while he nodded.

When he saw them that night, he got disturbed alot, brother's instinct right. Already his sister had much enough in her plate, he didn't want to add anymore to it.

He made his mind to warn her before things become worse. But what made him wonder is that genuine smile in her face that too with a person than their family.

May be slightly more than that. Which ushered him to get know about Arjun more. He enquired about Arjun with Pugazh and Sakthi, that too the every next morning.

And that gave him a clear picture on what's happening which made him to help Arjun today.

Vinay looked at Sivaangi who was smiling to herself, may be thinking about their moments.

"Enaku terila da Sunder, avan kooda iruntha happy'a iruku...safe'a feel panren... oru naal avan kooda pesala naalum void'a iruku... Ithu correct'a thappa-nu terila... Good'a bad'a nu kooda terila but ( she looked into his eyes before whispering) pudichiruku"

Vinay had a knowing smile throughout her talks. "Enaku answer kidachitu.. nee porumaiya yosi." He patted her cheeks before moving away.

"Dei solitu po da"

"Neeye kandupidichiko" he shouted back from outside her room.

After Vinay left, she posted a 'Thank you' note for every wishes in her story.

She posted a photo with her idol with the caption 'Best Birthday gift ever. Thank you so much for your words ma'am. And, Thank you for those who made my dream come true.'

She clicked the keyboard picture and posted a story with a 'Thank you' along an angry emoji made everyone confuse except the respective soul who's name is mentioned and hid in white keys.

She placed all the cakes she received on the table one by one that's when she noticed a cake with a hand written note 'Happy Birthday maa'. Recognising his handwriting, she smiled at her favourite cake.

She took the picture of cakes and posted tagging it's sender except one. She thanked him in private message before getting into a deep slumber after a tiring day.

______________________________________

Thank you for reading 💖

-- Krithi

Do comment your thoughts 💞💞