Love To Hate Me

The set for the commercial was bustling, this being one of the biggest launches the makeup company had ever had. However the shoot had an unfortunate problem; a missing star.

Katya Zamolodchikova was known for many things; her multiple Oscars and her many critically acclaimed films, her incredible beauty and untouchable status as one of the world's biggest sex symbols, and most of all her unmatched unpredictability.
It was an unfortunate side-effect of hiring the Hollywood star. Sure, she'd make any product or project sell like crazy, but you'd also have to be prepared to reschedule things at least fifteen times and risk her being caught up in one of her countless scandals.

Katya's scandals seemed to follow her wherever she went, whether it be speculations of drug use or her seducing another man or woman into bed with her. The press loved her, and loved to make people hate her. A photo of even a small Zamolodchikova Scandal could easily be worth thousands of dollars, and there were more than a few who would sell any private moment of her for a pretty penny.

"Morning everyone." Katya said as she finally walked in the door before turning to the makeup company owner and kissing her hand. "Amy, you are looking stunning as always, sorry for the delay."

"Wouldn't expect anything else from you, darling." Amy joked. "Just head over to makeup and we'll get started."

"See this is why I've always liked you." The Hollywood star replied, showing off a genuine smile which was something she reserved for a very lucky few. Amy knew her well and had for years, having worked as her makeup artist for a while before her company took off, and so the company owner knew better than to stress over Katya being late, even if they had spent over an hour on waiting for the woman.

Others however were less understanding, most of all Katya's agent, Kevin, who couldn't stand her inability to get to work on time. Katya hadn't always been like that, in fact she used to be a dream to work with. She had started working in the business under Kevin's agency at thirteen, and oh, how he missed the days when she'd just follow instructions without asking questions. 

"Katya, you're late." Kevin stated.

"Yeah, thank you, I'm aware." The girl replied in a tone which clearly showed that she was over the conversation already, her smile having dropped as soon as the man opened his mouth.

"You can't just show up whenever it's convenient for you and ignore all my calls and texts, you have a schedule for a reason." The man argued.

"Yes, I do have a schedule. So, are you gonna let me go to makeup so I can complete this part of my schedule or are you gonna keep scolding me so this shoot will be even more delayed?" She snapped back, greatly enjoying how this shut the man up entirely. "Great, I'll go get ready then."

She headed off quickly, despising nothing more than conversations with her manager. Still, she didn't dare to leave the agency, she was bold but not that bold. You didn't leave KMTA, everyone knew that. Leaving was pretty much a sure death sentence for your career, and as much as Katya despised working when she didn't want to, she genuinely loved acting. 

"Wait, we need to talk about your upcoming movie." Kevin said, walking after her in a hurry. 

"Remember The Shadows? What about it?" Katya asked as she sat down in the makeup chair, the makeup artist immediately getting to work.

It was the first script that had spoken to her in a while, a beautifully written romantic drama surrounding a lesbian couple. The story was raw and honest, and wonderfully critical of society's over-sexualization of women. Kevin hadn't wanted Katya to take the role when it was offered to her, something she didn't find surprising in the slightest, but she had insisted and threatened to purposefully fuck up any screen tests or meetings for other projects should he stand in her way.

"Well, they called to say they've cast Trixie Mattel as the other female lead, hopefully that can at least help make this movie a bit easier to swallow for the general public." He told her.

"They cast who?" Katya said in shock and outrage, turning around in her chair so fast that the makeup artist had to quickly step away from her.

"Trixie Mattel." Kevin replied, not understanding her outrage at all.

"The fucking country-pop singer? They cast her?!" 

"Yes, it will be her debut film. The studio wanted someone else who can drive up audience attendance and interest. Look, I'm sure they'll give her some lessons and she'll be okay, and they'll probably throw in a scene of her singing so people forget all about her acting anyways. Besides, she's well-liked worldwide, I'm sure people will think she's sweet and cute no matter how good or bad she is on screen."

"That's not the fucking point, Kevin! This film script is amazing-"

"Well, agree to disagree on that." Kevin interrupted.

"She'll ruin the fucking film! I can't fucking believe they cast an amateur. We have to do something! Tell them I'll drop out if they don't change their decision or whatever, get them to drop her!" Katya argued.

"No. I won't do that, Katya, no way. You pushed me to let you accept this film, you signed the contract, you're doing it. Let this be a learning lesson, and next time actually listen to me."

Katya was about to answer, when all of a sudden an idea popped into her head. If she couldn't get someone else to fix the situation, she'd simply take care of the problem herself. If no one else would remove Trixie from the movie, she'd make the girl quit.
Oh, she was gonna make Trixie Mattel's life hell.

"Fine, I'll do it."