Days Like These

"Move over!" Trixie yelled through laughter, kicking Katya repeatedly but gently with her fuzzy socks.

"Bitch, I'll have you know this is my couch!" Katya replied, a huge smile on her face as she captured Trixie's feet with her hands.

"Let me go." The singer whined.

"Nope, you were mean to me, so now your feet are in jail."

"You're a big meanie all the time." Trixie replied with a pout.

Katya simply laughed in response and leaned in to give her quick peck, causing Trixie to instantly smile again. Trixie wrapped her arms around Katya's neck and pulled her on top of her before capturing her lips in another kiss.

Days like these were Trixie's favorite.
Days were they didn't need to prove anything to anyone.
Days were they far away from set, or the press, or any other nosy onlookers.
Days when Katya would still be just as sweet and romantic as she was when the cameras were rolling, simply because she was around Trixie.

"Forgive me?" Trixie asked, her lips once again pouting cutely. "Please?"

Katya quickly pecked her lips again, then her cheeks, her forehead, and finally her nose. She reached up and ruffled Trixie's hair before leaning in for yet another peck.

"Alright, but just because you're cute." Katya told her, causing Trixie's smile to widen. "So, about that song you were gonna play?"

"Hmm, I don't know if you deserve to hear it now... After all, you did kidnap my feet." Trixie joked.

"I gave them back to you! Please, forgive me?"

"Do you deserve forgiveness?" 

"I do! Pretty pretty please, Trixie? Bunny? Barbara? Angel sent down from heaven?" Katya begged as she batted her eyelashes and gave Trixie the greatest puppy-dog eyes she could manage.

"Alright, but just because you're cute." Trixie said, kissing Katya's cheek sweetly before reaching over to grab her guitar from where it stood by the edge of the couch. 

"Oh, not just cute, Bunny. I'm stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, amazing, flawless, remarkable..."

"Okay, calm down you whore. God, why am I even dating you?" Trixie replied with a laugh.

"Like I said, because I'm stunning, beautiful, gorgeous, amazing..."

"Shut up, you cunt! Do you wanna hear the song or not?" Trixie said, lightly kicking Katya once again. 

"Sorry, I do really wanna hear the song." Katya said, holding up her hands in the air to declare her surrender.

"Okay. Well, keep in mind that it's still a bit rough." Trixie said, suddenly feeling a bit nervous.

"That's alright, baby. You know I like it rough." Katya teased, purposefully making her voice a bit deeper.

"Oh my god." Trixie replied, rolling her eyes.

"Sorry, Trix. I'm sure it'll be amazing, alright? Also, I know like nothing about music, so I'll be impressed either way." Katya said in a comforting tone.

"Alright, here goes." Trixie said, adjusting the position of her guitar a bit and clearing her voice before starting to sing.   

"I don't wanna see you coming
And I don't wanna see you go
I just wanna see you blowing
Coming in through November snow and

Gotta make some sense in loving
Looking out for what's below
Gotta hear the train-a-coming
Gotta hear that whistle blow

Like ooh, ooh
And I don't have a broken heart
Ooh, ooh
And I don't have a broken heart

I've heard the curse is broken
From the taste of true love's lips
There is more to me than potion
Like a poison running thick and

Lovin' never was a story
Only guaranteed to end
And the more I push, the more he
Pushed back, and we start again

Like ooh, ooh
And I don't have a broken heart
Ooh, ooh
I don't have a broken heart"

Trixie nearly cried as she sang the second verse, remembering all the relationships that never got a chance to grow because her company forced their ending to come before they'd even really started. Katya was her chance, and finally she was able to at least allow herself to wish for a future with someone.

"And I see the raptors winding
Back up around the bend
And I see the rope's untying
And the bridge comes caving in and

What's all the use in learning
When the breaking went to bend?
When you got your tables turning
When you take my heart again

Like ooh, ooh
And I don't have a broken heart
Ooh, ooh
And I don't have a broken heart"

Katya felt her heartbeat speeding up as she listened to Trixie's warm voice and skilled guitar playing, their beautiful combined sound filling the entire room. As she listened to the lyrics she felt seen, not just for her looks or her acting skills, but for her entire soul.
And most of all she felt loved, so incredibly loved. No one could tell what the future held, but Katya knew that what they had was worth taking care of. It was special. And no matter what happened in the future, she'd do her best to remember that.