CHAPTER FIFTEEN

The two men in shirts and bulletproof vests looked at each other. One had his fist in the air, telling the men around him to hold their positions. The other then nodded to him and his fist opened - the hand moving to signal everyone to move.

A SWAT officer came forward with the battering ram and broke the door open with a loud bang.

"Seoul Police!"

The taller of the two shouted while aiming his gun inside the warehouse as the SWAT men rushed through the open door between him and his partner. They then spread out, checking every area of the shabby steel construction.

"Hands in the air! NOW!" They aimed their weapons to the few men and women there who immediately raised their hands in fear.

"Get out!"

Rattling sounds of door being broken down and metal hitting metal filled the air.

"Hands in the air!"

The clicking of handcuffs, coupled by grunts from the men and gasps from the women, added to the chaos.

"Clear!"

Rushed footsteps.

"Clear!"

The men's voices echoed around the space. Some were still moving around, going from one room to another while some were now ushering the scared men and women outside after handcuffing them.

"Looks like that's all there is, Sir," reported the squad leader to Jin Young after they were left alone.

Jin Young had lowered his gun as he stood near one of the long tables. He saw the makeshift equipment and worn looking machines and also noticed the chemical and liquids in dirty bottles and containers. "There's nothing much here.

Baro, any luck?" he spoke in his in-ear comm device.

"No, Sir. The garage is empty. There's plenty of tire treads and marks left by some kind of heavy equipment but no one's here."

Dong Woo was checking the other side when he noticed the white powder inside an old dirty plastic container. "Get forensics here. I want all this stuff tested."

"Yes, Sir."

He then looked at his partner. "Are we too late?"

Jin Young took a deep breath. "I hate it when they do this," he mumbled as he holstered his gun.

"Yeah." Dong Woo looked around once more. "They knew we were coming. This is just leftover. They've moved." He shook a tray with several white pills on them.

"Senior Inspector Shin! Senior Inspector Jung!" One of the SWAT men suddenly walked out of the backroom. "You might want to take a look at this."

Dong Woo and Jin Young looked at each other and immediately rushed to the room in question.

They stepped through the thin rickety wooden door, following the SWAT officer who went to stand next to a wall near a long table.

The two senior inspectors held their breaths when they saw the wall. On it were newspaper clippings and pictures of people they recognized - pinned or taped haphazardly against the wooden surface. Some words and faces were circled with a marker.

Jin Young reached out and took down one of the pictures. He showed it to Dong Woo. "I think someone's getting a bit too personal."

"We need to call Solar."