Chapter 7

Even Richard was puzzled with her actions and so they stood around, unsure of what to do as they waited for Kaiden to finish his 'talk' with Alpha Sergio. Thankfully it only took a few minutes before his anxious thoughts reached out to all of them through the mind link.

"Where did she go? How far out? Can you stop her?"

"Relax man," Austin instantly replied trying to calm his alpha. None of them liked hearing him upset, it made their wolves nervous and tense. They looked to him for more than just leadership, unconsciously taking their cues from him as well. Emotions and intentions from an Alpha would inevitably trickle down through the pack links, it was a defense mechanism. If the Alpha fell the pack fell.

"She's safe and unhurt. We're in the garage."

"The garage?" Surprise and confusion filtered through the link as Kaiden sharply turned away from the forest and headed to the large garage that was attached to the house.

"Yeah man she's here. You'll see when you get here. We aren't really sure." Blair sent not exactly sure how to explain what they had found.

Kaiden came lightly jogging into the large cavern of the garage. His eyes searched the space for his mate but instead all he found were his three men and Richard standing around one of the packs fleet black SUV's. When they didn't come to meet him he moved towards them. Unsure what was going on he followed their gazes to find his mate sitting in the passenger seat of the car.

Seatbelt on. Just starring forward.

"I tried to get her out. But she's locked the door. Won't answer." Said Richard his voice puzzled as he studied her.

"Maybe she wants to go somewhere?" Blair asked.

"She could have taken the car. The keys are by the door she would have needed them to get in anyway." Kaiden said as he tried to figure out what his mate was doing.

"She's in the passenger seat." Austin finally spoke his voice turning from hesitant to confident as he finished speaking. When no one seemed to understand what he had clicked in on, he continued, "She could have taken the car but she didn't, instead she opened it, put the keys in the ignition got in the passenger seat, locked the door and put on her seatbelt. She wants to go somewhere but wants others to go with her." Austin triumphantly spoke, pride that he had figured it out coloring in his voice.

"How do we know where she wants to go?" Clay asked as he looked towards Austin, whose face fell a bit as his eyebrows furrowed in deep thought.

Kaiden looked at Austin and then Richard before finally turning back to his mate. It made sense. The message of her sitting in the passenger seat and not the drivers, was pretty blatant. Apparently she must have understood that he would want to go with her.

Was she accepting the mate pull then he wondered?

If she wanted to go somewhere this bad but was asking him to drive he had to trust that in the end she would also be able to tell him where she wanted to go.

"She got us to understand this. I trust she would know that she'd have to be able to get us to figure out where she wants to go. Richard and Aus with me. Clayton and Blair grab a second. Stay close and keep the link open. I'll let my dad know we're leaving." Kaiden said.

"Wait, Kaiden." Richard said still looking in at the girl in the vehicle.

"What are you seeing?" he asked already fully trusting this man when it came to the girl.

"She brought her bag." Was his reply although it sounded more as if he was still trying to understand what he was seeing.

"So?" Blair prodded.