Chapter 37

Aislinn had to admit the place was pretty sleazy but looking around in the dim light she knew it would fit the purposes she needed.

She had needed to get away. The urge to flee, to run was too much. She just couldn't be there anymore. Around them.

.

.

3 Hours before

Slowly they had made their way back to the house. A few of the enforcers had been ordered to remain behind to dispose of the bodies. While Clay and his warriors had escorted the remaining members of the Silva pack and their new Alpha, Vance, back across the borders to their lands.

Everyone was quiet as they walked back to the house. Kaiden still had the guards and some of the enforcers running patrols around the borders and would have them working in continuous shifts from now on. Tonight had made everything real. They were going head to head with the packs and this was only the beginning of the fighting and danger.

Richard and her new guardians were still on high alert and were hovering close around her stoically. Kaiden and Richard were equally handing out verbal lashings at anyone they could for letting her get hurt their combined anger and worry not yet dampened. She received her fair share of it.

Kaiden was at her side refusing to let her move from it. Every few seconds his eyes would dart to her and relief would flash across the bond as if he was expecting her to just vanish. It was suffocating.

Making it to the house they were met by a flurry of activity. Michael and Olivia were running around helping Ethan attend to those injured and wounded from the battle. They hadn't experienced any casualties on their side this time, but there were numerous injured and a few them critically so.

More than half of the men that Alpha Stanley had brought had been killed, including him and his beta.

Aislinn knew it wasn't Olivia's fault.

She knew it wasn't any of their faults. She just couldn't handle it. When the she wolf had rushed her with a look of worry and terror over taking her features at the sight of the blood on her, she knew logically that it was natural. Their concern. Their worry. Their attachment to her. It was part of the bonds. Natural reaction of their instincts both wolf and human alike to care for her, focus on her.

She just couldn't handle it.

Looking around at those hurt, injured. Feeling the tension still hanging in the air. The weary faces. The scent of fear and blood surrounding her. The looks of expectation, loyalty, attachment. It was too much.

Sidestepping Olivia's outstretched hands she had fled. Throwing a grimace over her shoulder at her mate's enraged face she didn't let her spike of guilt stop her from jumping in the car. Her foot pressed heavily on the gas as the tires screeched loudly as she dashed out of the garage and down the drive. Spitting gravel and smoke in her wake.

She hadn't stopped. Pushing the brand new Audi R8 to its limits.

The sleek black car streaked down the deserted streets. Jumping onto the more populated ones she expertly weaved in and out of traffic putting much needed distance between her and the Silverbloods.

With each mile she began to feel the pressure in her chest lessen. Slowly the white-knuckled grip she had on the steering wheel began to loosen and she felt herself able to take deep breaths of air again.

Her head started to ache from the pressure of Richard and Kaiden trying to force their way into her mind. It was when her wolf began to hear their calls and pleas for her, that she noticed the bar. Without bothering to slow down she whipped the wheel, jerking the car off of the road in a hairpin high-speed turn. A shower of dirt, dust and gravel clouded around her as she jerked to a rough stop. Letting it settle before she opened the door on a soft sigh of air.