LIFE IN NEW JERSEY PART IV

After the hunting , whole family realize that whatever activities Jacquelin do , it just bring more guilty to her and make her more guilty than ever . Ever since Jacquelin decide to stay , it causing her having flashback that even more hurt for her . Because her condition , Danny decide that Barry and Alex should stay in home while he and Freya go hunting . The boys agreed and after that , Barry and Alex always stay in home even Barry start move to her house . Not just for take care of her , Barry choose to live together with her to more develop their relationship .

The scene shown to Jacquelin who washing dishes . In kitchen , there's Alex who drawing on his notebook that Barry gave when hunting . His clothes on white T shirt with red jacket . His pants on blue jeans . Sometime , Alex watched her to see if Jacquelin having flashback again . While Jacquelin , still try to calm herself while wash dishes . Then Noelle came with pink shirt with white pants that was looking for her mom .

Noelle : Mom ! Auntie Jac ( The girl look at her ) Where's my mom ?

Jacquelin : She's out with daddy , what do you need ?

Noelle : ( Shows her broken toy ) My toy broken and ... Sean was nowhere to be found .

Jacquelin : It's okay , Uncle Barry will help fix your toy . 

Noelle : Can Alex come play with me ? 

Jacquelin : ( Look at Alex ) Alex , go to play .

Alex actually scared that if he go play with Noelle , no one see Jacquelin . The girl notice the boy's face so she walks to him , comfort him .

Jacquelin : It's okay , i will be okay , go play .

Seeing that Jacquelin convince she's okay , the boy take his colored pencil and his book , go with Noelle to her room . The girl continue her dishes and after few minutes , Barry came from kitchen door . He's now on brown shirt with jeans as pants . He's carried an red axe , which is just used to cut the tree .

Barry : The tree was a lot to take but we have a lot until winter .

Jacquelin : ( Long pause ) I miss Cale and Francesca .

Barry : Vivian told me that ... they were on patrol , replacing Quinn .

Jacquelin : ( Turns to him ) Quinn Kelsey ? ( The man nod ) What happen ?

Barry : She ... was hurt when patrolling . JJ told Danny to find someone else until she completely okay .

Jacquelin : Oh , okay ( Continue doing dishes ) .

When she doing dishes , Barry can see Jacquelin stressful face . It's clearly that she must stay in home , take care of Simon , forgetting about Vanessa , and must protective after what happen with him . But he don't want she gone too just for her determination but he not okay too when Jacquelin decide to not chase her anymore . There is one thing to do so he walks to her , hold her and drag from dishes .

Barry : Come on .

Jacquelin : What do you want , Bar ?

Barry : Just come with me , honey .

The girl then leave the dishes and follow Barry to the living room . The music was turn on from earlier and Barry grab her waist , start to dance . The girl just followed him and they both dance in living room . This remind when in celebration , the first time they kiss . Barry want her to dance so she calm and not to stress . While they dancing , Barry reveal that he also Christian but was rejected by his dad . He also tell that he and his brother , Charlie run away from his dad after knowing his dad gonna put them in military orpahange . 

The girl just silent listening his story . It's not she not enjoy his story but dancing on his arm , is an something that spectacular . She can't believe that is not just her that having tragic past just because this virus . 

Barry : So , that's my story , how bout you ?

Jacquelin : ( Long pause ) I just a kid that born in Brooklyn , abandoning by her own mother  in zoo , lost her father when fighting Serenity , and dealing with death of my best friends that also part of my group .

Barry : Well i guess we have something in common .

Jacquelin : Losing friend too ?

Barry : No , i was on group called LFNY .

Jacquelin : What's that ?

Barry : Liberation Fighter of New York . I know it's weird -

Jacquelin : - Better than Fairy Tales .

They then silent for a moment until the music stop . They then look to each other until Danny came with shotgun on his back . He's stopped when sees the couples that just turn to him . 

Danny : Freya just lead the gardening on town so i go home first ( Feels awkward ) I'm sorry for disturbing -

Jacquelin : - No , we're just dancing , i should ... go check on Alex ( Leaves them ) .

The scene moves to night , where's Jacquelin brought Alex to his room , ready for sleep . In there , Alex changed his clothes to pajamas while Jacquelin closing the window , so Alex not get cold . After that , Alex get to his bed with dark blue pajamas and Jacquelin help him , covering him the blanket . While the girl do that , the boy just silent while looking at her . Noticing he looking at her , she then asked the boy .

Jacquelin : Okay , you scaring me now , what is it ?

Alex : You know ... i can be infected that day . Why you brought me ?

Jacquelin : You still kid , so i brought you . 

Alex : Can i ask you something ?

Jacquelin : ( Smile ) What is it ?

Alex : Who is Simon in your eyes ?

The girl seem scared to answer it , don't know because she still guilty or what . But seeing the boy's face , she decide to answer it from deep on her heart .

Jacquelin : He's optimistic and carefree attitude than ever before . He selfish for saving me but ... made my eyes opens , that he just try to become an good person than before . It was strongly hinted that Simon suffered from PTSD due to losing his daughter , Cassandra .

Alex : He have daughter ?

Jacquelin : Long time ago , but maybe ( Short pause ) I see him , as my father .

Alex : I'm happy for you , i know he's like father for you .

Jacquelin : Go to sleep now , tommorow is an big day .

Alex : ( Turns off the lamp aside with him ) I love you , Mom ( Closes his eyes and fall asleep ) .

Hearing that word , girl's heart suddenly fast , her jaw almost dropped . She can't believe what she just heard ' Mom ' . Even though she believe she's like Simon before , killing people , there's still someone that see her as caring person . The girl then kissed boy's forehead and leave the room with happy smile on her face .