Noisy Neighbor | 5 🎸

Zoro's POV:

The pathetic face I'm making right now doesn't help the situation I'm in, so maybe I should just leave.

"My friend- Not really 'friend' but a friend of my friend's, is coming over to my place today, and I have to run a couple of errands before he comes by." Luffy and Law nodded at me, could they be taking the bait?

"When can I go visit you? I haven't seen your apartment yet!" My body froze momentarily when feeling something clinging around my legs.

Searching for what had paralyzed my movements, I found a pair of arms clinging onto my boots.

Attached to those arms was obviously a body, if there weren't... I would probably grab my katana and chop them off.

However, connected to that body was a set of sparkling eyes that were giving me a hard time leaving.

"You can come visit me anytime." I spoke to the clingy boy that was still wrapped around me.

"How cute ~" I thought to myself for a second, smiling at his pouty face.

"Zoro-ya, do you drink alcohol?" I was suddenly asked by Law, his words made both Luffy and I turn out attention over to him.

"Next to the air I breathe, alcohol is the next best thing that keeps me alive." I smirked.

My absurd statement made me the center of attention for the neighbors as they couldn't help but laugh or crack a smile with me.

"I bought two of these by mistake today and we really don't need another. Wanna take one home with you?" I was offered a large bottle overbrimming with booze.

After Law handed it over to me, I was delighted by receiving this rare item from him. My eyes instantly widened.

"Where'd you find this brand, Law?"

"I forgot the name of the store because I went to a few others along the way. But I do know this bottle was imported from Wano." He explained, then it all made sense to me.

"You sure you don't wanna keep this one then? This sake sells out fast. I've been looking for it everywhere but it's been out of stock for a few months now."

The bassist crossed his arms, chuckling softly despite there being a stone cold facial expression on his face.

"All the more reason why you should keep it, don't you think?" He said as I struggled to reject such an expensive gift.

"I have no objections either! You should keep it!" Luffy insisted.

"When did he climb on top of his back? Wasn't he holding onto my legs a few seconds ago? He really lives up to the word "Monkey" in his name." I laughed to myself.

"Thanks then! See you around, guys." Luffy walked me out the door, giving me a friendly hug that took me awhile to recover from due to how unexpected it was.

"See ya'!"

It's strange, I entered their apartment twice with the intention of shutting them up... But it seems that they  left me speechless in the end.

"If Luffy wasn't taken, maybe we could... Hey, wait. What the hell am I thinking? This is stupid!" I mentally swore at myself.

"I gotta go fix my messy living room before he comes over. He better not be late again, that damn hopeless romantic."

~~~