Tan Lines | 1 🌅

"Today in Sunflower Town, you could expect high temperatures of 103 degrees. Please be advised to stay hydrated and wear sunglasses and sunscreen if you are headed to the beach. Up next is-"

The weather broadcast programming was suddenly shut off when one of the Strawhats grew tired of listening to the news on their radio.

"Ith tho hod, I can'd deel my dongue." A teenage boy managed to let out words that were barely understandable from his dry mouth before collapsing onto the hardwood planks beneath the ship's flooring.

"O-oi!! Luffy, get ahold of yourself!" Usopp panicked, searching for something around the Sunny to help Luffy cool himself down.

"Of all days, you chose to wear long pants today? What type of a madman does that?!" His crewmate questioned, tossing an ice cream to his Captain.

"He never even wore long pants when we went to Drum Island. It's weird seeing him wearing them now, especially today." Zoro spoke on the Captain's behalf.

The Swordsman was wearing a pair of sweatpants and a sable black, skin-tight t-shirt that hugged his torso hard enough for his well-defined, mesomorph built abs to be highlighted through the cotton fabric of his clothing.

Because of the dark colors he had on him, he drew the towards him, oppose to avoiding it.

"Man, this sun burns worse than acid would." He grunted, touching his hand as it left a temporary white mark against his skin.

All eyes were on him from the moment they made it to their destination: Sunflower Town, a beautiful Island that was overflowing with the most abnormally large sunflowers and silky smooth grass fields anyone could ever have the privilege of walking through.

Apart from its noticeable Sunflowers that stood out the most within the entire Island, the people there were just as bright and energetic as the sun itself, showing uplifting smiles to one another.

Seconds after the "Sunny gang" of fun friends established themselves in the Island, Zoro started jumping on one leg after something trampled his left foot.

"YOU MOTHER- MOTHER- mother nature?" He paused to see a pouty Sunflower bowing its head at him with an apologetic look on its face.

"S-showwy! Showwy, s-shir!" It spoke, earning a different reaction from everyone.

"HEY, HEY ZORO! THIS GUY IS TALKING LIKE ME!" Luffy pointed and laughed loudly at the Sunflower, grabbing a popsicle from his cooler to hand it to the talking plant.

"S-shtop making fun of my a-acshent!" It frowned, parting its lips wide enough for Luffy to shove the cold treat into its tiny mouth.

"B-B-BRAIN FREEZE!!" It shouted, holding onto the thin stick at the bottom of the ice cream.

"Your tongue was dry, Petals. See? Now you can speak normal again, just like me!" Luffy announced, feeling proud of himself for helping the Sunflower cool down.

"Normal? What do you mean normal? This is how I s-shpeak! It's an acsh-acshent my people have- Petals? My name ish i-ish Pollie, not Petals!" The Sunflower explained with a fussy tone of voice.

"You're weird!! NISHISHISHI!" The boy started playing with the yellow petals that were all around the Sunflower's head, tickling it.

"ME? Y-you're the only one wearing long pants, the rest of your friends are wearing proper s-shwimwear!"

Luffy looked behind his friends then narrowed his head down at his feet, realizing that the Sunflower was right.

"Luffy! We're headed down to the beach!!" Nami announced from afar as the rest of the Strawhats followed behind her.

"Gotcha, I'll catch up later!" The boy shouted back, watching as Nami's figure faded off into the distance as she ran behind everyone else.

"First I gotta find out what to wear... Too bad I can't wear any of my shorts." The boy frowned, looking over at a dirty clothes hamper that contained most, if not, all of his favorite clothing, starting from every set of shorts he owned.

He grew upset, realizing that the only items of clothing he had left were long or uncomfortable pants that weren't suitable for this type of weather, let alone, the Island he was in.

"Darn!" In the midst of throwing a temper tantrum over his lack of adequate clothing crisis, Luffy knocked over a bin of clean clothes that was right next to the dirty one.

"Huh?" Out of all of the Strawhats in his crew, the only two that actually did their laundry were Nami and Robin.

Meaning that the clothing that been knocked to the wooden floor belonged them, the only females within Luffy's crew, of the ten crewmates he had in it.

Curiosity struck the adult teen who wondered what was buried in between the bright and colorful layers of women's clothing that had landed over his feet.

Halfway throughout his mini scavenger hunt for something that might help him with his current situation, he found a gem in between the many dresses, blouses, skirts, and other items of clothing that were too girly for him.

"Perfect!" He praised himself for the hard work he went through to find a plain pair of shorts that weren't too feminine or outstanding, and were ones he could easily pass off for a pair of his own.

"Wait for me, guys. Sunny Beach, here I go!!"

🌻 🌻 🌻