Last Mate | 1 💔

It was a perfect Fall evening when out of nowhere, a loud bang reverberated throughout the empty corridors within the Sunny.

Everyone else had evacuated the ship under the Captain's command when he quietly requested his crewmates to allow him to be alone with his first mate for a moment.

"It won't take long, he said."

"It'll be 'quick', he said." The others vaguely recall being told by the young man himself...

But judging by the sound of doors slamming hard enough to become weapons for anybody who dared to try and hold them wide open, the Strawhats were beginning to believe that they would end up camping on the deck that night.

~Meanwhile~

"Close it a little harder next time, I didn't hear it the first time you slammed the shit out of it."

Zoro sarcastically responded to an angered brunette who stormed into his bedroom with a sour expression plastered on his face.

"We're still not done yet, you left me hanging!" Luffy argued, placing his hands against the bed his boyfriend was resting within.

"What's there left to say? I already told you everything you needed to hear."

The older man spoke, still using the same sarcastic tone of voice that was beginning to annoy his Captain.

"Don't confuse me! You only said what you wanted me to hear, so stay there and listen to what I have to say." Raising his left eyebrow at Luffy, the Swordsman pressed his back against the bed and crossed his arms.

Agreeing that he would listen to whatever else the younger had left to say, Zoro rolled his eyes halfway throughout Luffy's sentence.

"I don't see why I have to sleep here again, what's with the sudden change? Did my stuff take up that much space in your room?"

"That's not it." Luffy shook his head, looking down at his feet while hearing Zoro's bed creaking as the man stood up from it.

"Oh really? Because that's the only explanation I have for you to be so cold towards me lately. Even at night, you keep pushing me away while I'm lying next to you."

Though trying to remain calm throughout their discussion, Zoro was starting to lose his patience when it came to reasoning with his stubborn Captain.

"That's because you hog the bed and suffocate me, stupid Zoro!!" The boy angrily defended himself, walking towards the Swordsman.

"Hogging it is one thing, but trying to hold you in my arms is another, you damn fool!"

"It would be nice if you wouldn't do that anymore. You completely choke me with those heavy arms of yours."

As the war went on in between them, Zoro sighed deeply, tossing his swords aside out of agitation.

"If that's all you came here to say-"

"Wait, there's more." Luffy cut in, turning his back away from the older man, preparing to leave his room as soon as he finished his last sentence.

Zoro stood at the entrance of his door, holding the back of his rustic doorknob.

For a moment, nothing but tension lingered throughout the hallway Luffy was stood outside of, taking shallow breaths that could be heard amidst the deafening silence in between him and Zoro.

Then, as the silence ended... His voice alarmed the older man who's eyes widened with the final sentence he left him with.

He loosened his fist from the door's hinges, becoming numb, momentarily.

"Didn't you hear what I said?" Luffy gulped, feeling the older man's hand squeeze down on his shoulder.

"I'm not interested in hearing it again. Get out of here..."

"Fine by me."

Staring back at the brown eyed boy as he walked straight down the hallway, never once turning back around towards the Swordsman, his crewmates jumped upon hearing a louder banging noise than before, the minute Zoro mercilessly slammed his bedroom door, chipping parts of its wooden frame off.

His Captain may have left his sight, but the words he spoke to him would never leave the man's severed heart that was now being torn to bits behind the stone faced expression he was wearing to mask his true emotions.

"That Luffy..." His eyes squinted as he felt a shooting pain invade his chest.

And once more, the same sentence Luffy spoke to him replayed in Zoro's mind like a broken vinyl record, plaguing him with anger, and the sadness suppressed within his bleeding heart.

~~~

"Zoro, let's breakup."