Tan Lines | 3 🌅

~ 1 Hour Later ~

"Ah, damn.. I'm pretty sure it left a mark somewhere." Luffy complained, rubbing his lower back.

"I told you to take your clothes off before going inside of it." His blonde friend retaliated against the Captain, worsening his situation.

"No, you pushed me into it. I didn't even have time to prepare myself!" The younger argued on their way back to the beach.

"It did feel good afterwards, though. Especially on my lower back. But it hurt." He mentioned, unaware of who was listening to them from nearby.

"You're a rubber man, Luffy. I'm surprised you didn't bounce back when I-" Sanji's shirt crumbled up when he was lifted in the air by a pair of tight fists.

"Why don't you explain to me what hurt you, Luffy. Hmm?" Stood inches from them was Zoro, appearing more angered than a bull after seeing a red flag.

"Oi, put me down, bastard!" Sanji brushed himself off of the Swordsman, pushing him back while the man looked over at Luffy.

"Whew!! That bed was so hot, I thought I was going to DIE! Uwahahaha!!" Luffy laughed without a care in the world while Sanji smirked at him before running off to go meet up with Nami and the others at the beach.

"I shouldn't have let you stay alone with him, I'm sorry, Luffy." The man held onto his Captain, embracing him with a sorrowful look on his face.

"Yeah... You should've joined us instead!"

"Say what now?" The worrisome tone in Zoro's voice dropped dramatically upon hearing Luffy's response.

"It felt so good! Never knew that tanning beds could relax your body to the point of falling asleep. Ah.." The boy signed, walking ahead of his first mate while he stayed behind him, having a mini mental breakdown.

"Hey, Luffy?" The Swordsman walked over to him with his normal tone of voice, earning a nod from the younger.

"Next time you try telling someone you went to a tanning bed-" BONK! A large, throbbing red lump grew on the side of Luffy's forehead when he was whacked by Zoro's katana.

"Add the word "TANNING" beforehand!!"

"OWIE!!!!!" The brunette squinted his eyes shut, rubbing his head like a magic lamp... Only difference is, blood was coming out of him and not a magical genie that could grant him three wishes.

"AND I HOPE YOU GET SUNBURNT!" The older male added, earning an overly dramatic gasp from Luffy.

"Y-yeah? WELL... I HOPE YOU GET CRABS!"

"Luffy, I was just joking. Whereas you just told be to contract an STD? " Zoro spoke, walking back to the younger.

"Huh? STD?" The brunette furrowed his eyebrows with confusion.

"Sexually Transmitted Disease? Ring a bell?"

"EEEEEEEEH??? No. NO, I want you to get real crabs so they crawl up your legs and pinch you! Hmmph!!" Luffy's answer was utterly hilarious for the Swordsman, so much that it was enough to make them both burst out laughing.

"Tanning was fun, but I'm even hotter now." He admitted while his tongue rolled out of his mouth.

"Come on, I'll take you to a place you could really cool down, unlike SOME people who choose tanning beds instead." Zoro purposely shouted so that Sanji could hear him.

"Hey, don't forget to give me back my handkerchief!" Sanji then replied running after him.

"Sure, give me a minute." The Swordsman reached into his pocket then stopped halfway while still rummaging through his shorts.

"Know what, I don't think I have it... Oh, but you dropped this when you landed beside me."

"Huh? Me? What else did I drop?" Sanji questioned, crossing his arms.

"REAL MATURE." The Cook said when Zoro pulled his hands back out, flipping him off with both middle fingers.

"Take your sloppy tissue back." He tossed the handkerchief back to his frenemy as the Cook thanked him by returning the unfriendly gesture when flipping him back.

"Let's go." He held Luffy's hand, taking off with him like a pair of high school sweethearts: Giggling over the slightest thing they came across, even the air they breathed.

"Z- HAHA!! Zoro, where are we going? My jaw hurts from laughing at you and Sanji!!" The shorter male confessed, feeling slightly flustered while holding onto Zoro's hand, even in a platonic manner.

"I know you have a hard time at beaches when watching everyone else swim, so I'm taking you somewhere we can both keep ourselves nice and cold." Luffy's face only grew redder, realizing Zoro was being considerate towards him.

"Yeah? Where's that?" He smiled with a sneaky look on his face that earned a chuckle from his close friend.

"You'll find out soon, shorty." Soon, the young pirate's heartbeat accelerated when his first mate jokingly slapped his butt.

"Zoro's acting awfully playful today, where could he be taking me?"

🌻🌻🌻