31: This Is It

"Dammit what am I supposed to do?!" Narancia cries in pressure. He was frustrated, you couldn't even comfort nor even say one nice thing to him to make him come with you, maybe, just maybe if you say you'll need him for this operation, he won't be afraid anymore, but you chose not to speak, Bucciarati agrees with you, this isn't his fight.

"Are you all serious? You all will end up dead. I get what you are doing is good. There are just some things in this world you can't just change. Being a Mafiosi doesn't mean our work will always be the right thing, How is this mission different from any other journeys?" Fugo argues one last time.

"I can't answer that, I just know I refuse to live my life as a lie." Bucciarati responds to Fugo. Fugo's chest ached from the thought of never seeing his team again.

You ignored all your emotions, preparing to speak. "Let's speed off! Our departure will mark the beginning of our lives as traitors of the Mafia!" You pulled the string attached to the engine hard enough to turn it on in one pull.

You all heard Fugo yell once more as the boat gets further away from land, you sat down next to Abbacchio, having a perfect view of Bucciarati's face. You sigh at the sight of Narancia crying and averted your eyes to Mista who looked expressionless but it was because he was thinking deeply.

"You're really going to throw away your lives from just a girl you barely even know?! You don't even know what music she likes!" You hear Fugo yell despite the distance. You could not help but flinch without looking at him for what he said. It was harsh but you disagree. Your main goal wasn't saving Trish, it was making the boss feel betrayed just like what he did to you.

You all went through shit protecting Trish with your lives thinking that her father would protect her if he gets his hands on her, You all went through shit just so he could kill her with his own hands. All the sweat and blood you poured through this Mission didn't really went to waste since it acted as the bridge from your long awaited betrayal, you just hated the thought of getting tricked again. Another reason to add on my reason why I'll kill him list, I guess.

She was betrayed by the one she should trust the most, I know how she feels, we're the same, we've both went through hell

"Giorno, the turtle please." Giorno handed Bucciarati the turtle, "Trish can hide inside."

You chuckled silently to the sight behind Bucciarati. You just saw Narancia jump in the waters of Venezia swimming as if his life depends on it. It really does.

"Bruno, you should look behind you." You said softly trying not to giggle.

"Y/N! BUCCIARATI!!! I'm going with you! Don't leave me! Don't order me to stay behind! Trish and I are the same! We share the same wounds!" You stood beside Bucciarati trying to get a better view of Narancia. You and Bucciarati shared the same soft and proud feeling. Your lips curved into a proud and endearing smile and so was Bucciarati's. "her pain is my pain! I AM TRISH! I'M TRISH!" You glanced at Bucciarati admiring his smiling face, he even looks better underneath the sunrise, his blue eyes refracts the golden hue from the sun, his bronze skin shines subtly.

 "her pain is my pain! I AM TRISH! I'M TRISH!" You glanced at Bucciarati admiring his smiling face, he even looks better underneath the sunrise, his blue eyes refracts the golden hue from the sun, his bronze skin shines subtly

God, you're falling for him

Bucciarati stopped the boat and you reached for Narancia's hand, you pulled him in as he tries his best to not fall back on the water. "Who knew you were a good swimmer?" You joked and laugh as you hugged him tight not minding your clothes getting wet. He freezes from your action and from the thought he got your clothes wet he was unable to return the embrace, he just melts on to you. His cheeks heated for a moment getting this close to you.

If I knew Y/n's gonna hug me when I come with them, I wouldn't have hesitated He laughs to the little joke he thought.

"You sure took your sweet time to get your ass here, buddy." Mista comments as you let go of Narancia, he just chuckled, glad to be a part of the operation. "You better not bitch and moan the whole time." Abbacchio said lightheartedly placing his hands on his hips as his lips formed into an upward curve.

"Narancia, you forever have my respect for doing this." Giorno said placing a hand on Narancia's shoulder.

"So... Fugo didn't come huh." Mista sighed looking back at Fugo. "We'll that is his decision after all." Abbacchio responds despite the disappointment he felt, but he understood.

"Y/n, Bucciarati, I want to protect Trish with all I got! I swear to defeat the Boss with you!" You smile softly to Narancia, Bruno did too.

"Sounds good." Bruno's voice sounded calm and satisfied despite Fugo being left behind. It was still pleasing to the ears.

You couldn't help but think of Fugo on the back of your mind. He sure was smart enough to not risk his life despite everything he gone through with the team. He was brave for choosing his life, you admired that, you still couldn't ignore the sadness of the thought Fugo wants to be left behind. But at the end of the day, it wasn't his fight. It was the traitors'. It was yours.

This little boat ride makes all of you officially traitors. You have no idea what is waiting for all of you at the exit of the city. The Boss did not expect this, he wasn't expecting betrayal, specially when he knew you were there, and with one little wrong move from your team, you would do the dirty work for him. Well, that's what he thought.

You leaned on the side of the boat, resting your shoulder on the rim of it and sitting on the end of the wooden seat plank. You sighed as you relax once more before everything falls apart and you try to fix them with your team.

This is it. There's no turning back, I've waited long enough for this.