36: Explosive

You offered your lap as a pillow for Trish. This made Trish thought to herself. Why is she still so kind to me? she already betrayed the boss. There's no point of this. So... why? She was a young woman and you were displaying affection and kindness towards her, this made Trish confused and flustered.

"You sleeping?" You offered again, patting your thighs with your fingers as you noticed that Trish spaced out.

"Y-yes."

To you, it was normal to display such affection to anyone. You're a casual person after all. Plus, you got tired of being around men all the time, it felt nice to have a girl to talk to.

Trish's head was already in your lap, you stroked her hair gently as she rested. Poor girl. This takes me back to when my parents rejected me. But it wasn't bad as this, you admit, before all this, your life was pretty shitty. You went from being rich from generational wealth, to a runaway-homeless child in the streets of Italy, to being rich again as a mafioso this time. It was pretty messy.

However, you empathize with Trish. You knew she was still not expressing how she truly feels about the situation so you could only let her lay on your lap as you stroke her hair while the team was discussing something outside the turtle.

Abbacchio seemed to activate his Moody Blues to trace back where the "enemy" Narancia was referring to.

"Hey Y/N?" Your attention was back to Trish, you hummed in response. She laid on her side, her cheek was on your thigh as she spoke while staring at a wall.

"When this is all over, are we not gonna see each other anymore?"

"Do you want to see me again?" You playfully asked to lighten the atmosphere. This made Trish halt from breathing, she positioned herself to face you, now, the back of her head was on your thigh.

"Yes." She spoke delicately, almost too embarrassed to admit it.

"I'll visit you whenever you miss me." You teased and laughed lightheartedly.

"But what if I miss you everyday?" Your brows rose when you didn't heard Trish laugh. "Will you come and visit me then?"

"Oh Trish. You know what I do for a living. If I could, I would. Plus, it's not only you who'll miss someone." Trish smiled warmly, it felt good for her to hear that you'll miss her too.

"I'll make sure to visit you whenever I'm in Italia. I'll take you out to eat." With that, Trish seemed to be satisfied and at ease from the assurance you gave her. Her eyes slowly closed as she drifted to sleep. You sighed in relief.

Not a minute after, you heard an explosion that came from the restaurant just right outside the turtle. You looked back at Trish and saw no signs of her rest being interrupted. You sighed as you made a quick decision to check out what was going on. You slowly slid yourself off of Trish, being as gentle as possible to not wake her up. As you successfully did so, you laid her head on the soft cushion of the couch.

You were on high alert as you exited the Turtle. You ran quickly inside the restaurant and to the Kitchen where the explosion came from. The room reeked of smoke and gasoline. There you saw Bucciarati, Abbacchio, Mista and Narancia, they were severely injured from the explosion and Giorno was nowhere to be found.

"Y-Y/N. The enemy, I-I managed to shoot them." Narancia said as he laid down the floor with his injuries. You were stunned by their condition, you were only gone for a couple of minutes to check on Trish, but this happened. You scolded yourself for letting your guard down and not thinking much of Narancia's behavior. I won't allow this to happen again. You told yourself.