37: Sardinia

"Let's head to the airport now, we're taking to the skies. That'll get us to the next destination. We are headed for the island of Sardinia."

'Ah... Sardinia.'

Unconscious as you were, you knew you were safe as you felt the gang retrieve your body from the road outside the restaurant in Venezia. You let them be, not even considering on protesting as you were tired.

'Sardinia...?' You thought as a flashback of the familiar island of Sardinia flashed in front of your eyes.

Where are they, why am I the only one here? You thought to yourself as you looked at both of your hands, your eyes traveled to your clothes. As you looked up to look at your surroundings, you saw your reflection from across the alley, from a dusty, broken window of an old shop.

You held you chin with a surprised expression as you were years younger. You remembered looking like the reflection right in front of you before you were promoted as Capo.

'Right! I have a mission and... Someone was chasing me just now.' You realized, your head looked to the entrance of the closed, dark alley as you heard footsteps. 'T-they're here!'

You failed to realize that you were dreaming. When you realize you could just use Careless Whisper to take care of them, you suddenly remember seeing your face on the reflection with blood dripping down your chin from overusing the ability.

You remember... you were tired and barely holding yourself up. The footsteps approached closer and closer by each second. Your forehead was glistening from sweat as you were suddenly struggling to catch your breath.

"Where'd that bitch go!? There's no way I'll let her live after killing Pedro and Ruiz!" The familiar voice of the enemy gang memeber caught your ear as their footsteps were nearing.

"You saw her cough up blood after making the boss' and other's bodies twist themselves dry, right? She seemed weakened right after, there's no way that bitch got too far!" The other enemy said, their shadows were now visible.

As you looked around to find a place to run or hide, you found neither. As it was a dead end and there weren't any trash cans nor bags to hide yourself. You were completely exposed and vulnerable in your current state. Your eyes were alert, knees and arms were trembling as your hands were cold.

It was only late in the afternoon, the sunset wasn't doing you any favor, you could still be seen.

"Well, well. This bitch couldn't get that far after all." The enemy had their lips curled up with a nasty smirk on their face as they looked down on you. Both grown men and you on the dark alley, for killing their fellow the leader and their friends who you were tasked to kill for a mission an anonymous Capo assigned you.

Your mission was a success, however you didn't came out unscathed as you were tasked to kill the Boss of the gangster in Rome by yourself even with his bodyguard who were the friends of the men running after you. It wasn't an easy job, it was technically a suicide mission, but you accepted it.

"Don't get any c-closer!" You threatened as you brought out your stand beside you as a defense.

"Hold her down Tiano." The enemy's gang member obeyed as he approached you with a dirty look on his face. He held your wrists on your back, his breath caught the skin on your nape, you could only grunt from the disgusting feeling.

"Get away from me!" You yelled as you darkened your voice, keeping your best to hold yourself up with the enemy holding your wrists behind you.

"You're from Passioné? I knew it!" The enemy approached your incapacitated and vulnerable figure with the same look on his face,

"I'll kill your friend here if you get any closer." The man approaching you paused as he noticed how your eyes darkened as you gave up from struggling to escape.

The man behind you, holding your wrists laughed aloud with mockery in his tone. "Don't worry Franco, I used my ability on her, she wouldn't be able to move."

"I don't need to move to kill you." You whispered on your breath, both gangsters looked at each other,

"Crush." You whispered. Unbeknownst to them, Careless Whisper had already latched on to the enemy holding you when your skin had contact.

The man named Tiano, widened his eyes as he felt immense pressure on his head, "W-what is– Franc—!" The man couldn't finish his cry as his body crushed to the ground, blood sprayed all over the closed alley, even on your body. The remaining enemy's eyes widened in horror as he witnessed his last friend's brutal death in front of him yet again.

"Franco..." You said under your breath.

"What'd you say?"

"Your name is Franco." You said with no emotion evident on your face making you unreadable and eerie. Little did he know, they were the ones who took themselves to demise for mentioning each others name, without them knowing that it was part of your ability's condition.

"DAMN YOU! YOU KILLED ALL OF THEM!" The man charged at you with his stand, before you could command Careless Whisper, you were blown away, back crashed on the hard brick wall, now cracked and broken.

Your abdomen was severely injured as you failed to protect yourself as you were getting slower by each use of your stand. You coughed out blood, your head hit the hard wall making your head feel like it was beaten by a hammer. "fuck." you whispered to your breath.

You felt a hand on your neck, you were then raised by the enemy by your neck, choking you. He couldn't feel satisfaction from that so he decided to throw your helpless body on the ground. You landed harshly on the rough pavement, failing to land properly. "I'll fucking kill you!" the enemy yells.

"I don't give a fuck if you killed our boss! You fucking killed my brothers!" The enemy yelled, his eyes were watery.

You couldn't speak anymore, your neck was injured, needless to say, your throat also took a hit from the enemy's strong grip. No sound could be let out of your lips, even breathing hurt.

The enemy approached your fragile figure on the ground, his shadow towering you, the alley was darker, the moon casted a shadow on everything, making the surroundings dim and cold.

You anticipated the last blow from your enemy as you started to feel to lose your consciousness with the sun. The only thing that felt warm right now was the concrete ground. The sun had left it warm for your cold and fragile body to lay on for your death.

You closed your eyes prepared for what was coming.

Suddenly, you heard something fall on the ground next to you. For the last time, your eyes opened weakly, seeing the shock on the face of the now dead enemy, blood was gushing out his abdomen.

Your eyes then weakly transferred to the blurry silhouette, the moon didn't failed to illuminate the shadowy figure standing above you. The figure closed the space from your face, as they were checking for any signs of life.

Freckles.

It was the last thing you thought before your consciousness faded to black with the thought of your successful mission. You had just killed the Boss of the lead gangster in Rome.

You grunt, feeling the uncomfortable airplane's seat on your skin.

"Hey I think Y/N's awake, we could use her help." You heard Giorno suggest, with that you snored and shut your eyes tighter, jokingly hoping that they'll believe with such lousy attempt.

"Leave her alone, she's got injuries." You heard Abbacchio's stern voice as he saw that you needed more rest, it hadn't been an hour since the incident in Venezia after all.