33: The Boss' Origin

Something's not right. What the hell is going on with Bucciarati? There's no doubt about it, his heart was stopped for sure after the battle with the boss. Y/N healed him but it was just his body, not to mention, Y/N's healing ability is sort of defecting against Bucciarati. When he pierced his hand there was no single drop of blood. This whole thing is confusing. I might tell Y/N, but there's no time for investigating. Letting the others know wouldn't do any good. Specially knowing Y/N, she would probably investigate further until she finds the answer. Giorno thought silently inspecting the team's leader.

"Okay Bucciarati, what do we do from here on out?" Abbacchio spoke as You sat down between Narancia and Bruno. Giorno was standing behind you. Abbacchio was between Mista and Bruno.

"Boss posses a power to obliterate time, and only he can move when this ability is activated. He is unstoppable. His stand is so powerful, However, When we find out the Boss' identity it'll be a different story." Bucciarati spoke loudly, turning his hand into a firm fist. "It'll be tough but we have no other choice!" He rose and slammed his palms on the table making the wine glasses almost fall.

"It's kill or be killed. I don't know about you, but you know me. I'd rather kill." You added as you leaned your arms on the table.

"I'm with you. But how the hell are we gonna find him? The boss is too certain that he removed all traces of his life until now." Mista rests his head against his palm looking frustrated.

Trish

Trish is the key, it always has been. A part of you only protected Trish because she might know something about the Boss, but you admit, you do feel genuine concern for her, specially when you discovered what the Boss' intentions were towards her.

"What about Trish?" Abbacchio suggests before you could, you were busy thinking deeply to yourself. "Surely we can learn something about the Boss from her, given how involved she is. Just think about how his goons came after her, you know?" Abbacchio continues, he noticed you glanced at the turtle where Trish is.

"I... I don't like it. We already involved Trish with this way too much. Trish is the true victim here, knowing her own father try to kill her, think how she must be feeling, it's too much! Have a heart Bucciarati! Involving Trish to find the Boss' identity is a wrong move!" Narancia yells with frustration making Bucciarati wide eyed from his words.

"Narancia, we still don't know how Trish feels, but I am certain she wants to uncover his father's identity as well." You retorted making Bucciarati gulp.

"Thank you. But Y/N is right, Narancia. I've known all that; about the kind of man he is." Trish appeared on the floor beside you. She stood up, her eyes were covered with a dark shadow.

"Trish..."

"No it's okay. In fact the talk of him leaving no trace of his identity sparks something. I wondered about my father, so I asked mom. She said she met him in Sardinia."

"Sardinia?" You repeated what she said. You've been to Sardinia! That was the place where you almost got killed and a capo nursed you back to health for you to be promoted as a capo! "I'm quite familiar to the place. Before I was capo, I was sent there for a week long mission,"

"That's good, you can be the guide when we get there. Hopefully you're not rusty." Abbacchio said.

"When I was little, mom told me a story that was very strange to me at the time. They met when she was on vacation. One day he went to run an errand but he vanished and left nothing behind, not even his real name."

You shook your head biting your lips trying hard not to laugh in an inconvenient situation. Trish's parents did the deed but her mom doesn't even know the boss' name? You calmed yourself, Abbacchio was eyeing your expression, he thought the same but he kept a stoic face,