Chapter 4

It was a long day for Kei not because of his work, but because he just met the head of Kimura Empire. He was about to fish out his house keys in his bag when he noticed the lights inside. He took a deep breath and put on his usual smile to greet his one and only housemate.

"It's weekend. I'm surprised you're home early." he greeted while removing his shoes, peeking his head in the living room to tease his brother.

Jiro was watching TV while doing some schoolworks and just gave him a judging look. "It's past 10, 'nii-chan. It's not like I stay out a lot during weekends. Where have you been?"

"Ah, Oyaji is here again." Kei teased further, going straight to the kitchen to put on the plastic bag he's holding.

"Don't tell me you went to Arrows again?" Jiro's voice was a mixture of accusing and concern at the same time. Arrows is the name of the underground fight club Kei used to go.

His brother just discovered him doing the fights few months ago in the last five years he'd been secretly fighting there. His part-time work doesn't pay enough for their living expenses, and because he hasn't finished high school, he had resorted to easy money with fighting. It doesn't make him feel anything anyway.

"I promised you I will never go there again." he answered while preparing the food he brought. "I brought you your favorite [tteokbokki] and kimchi."

Jiro disregarded his homework and settled in the dining table, looking very interested with the dishes in front of him as he watched his brother prepare the cutlery for him. He loves Korean food especially those two Kei brought for him. His brother would always buy him those whenever he's feeling down or celebrate something.

"What's the occasion?" and so he asked.

"I got a new job. Full time, this time." Kei flashed a smile, watching his brother enjoy the delicacies.

"Really?! What job is it and where?"

"A bodyguard for someone very very rich."

Jiro dropped his fork and narrowed his gaze at Kei. "Isn't that a dangerous job?"

Kei shrugged his shoulder. "I'm just basically a watcher for someone. It isn't that bad as you think." he patted Jiro's head before he continued. "I just need to stay in the mansion, but I do have rest days."

As if his brother was making up stories, Jiro gave him a suspicious look, letting his brother know that he wasn't convinced.

"I won't do anything to worry you. I promise. Just focus on your studies. Okay?" Kei added.

"Why don't you just let me do part-times, too? I'm not a kid anymore."

"We're done with this conversation, Jiro. You can work once you finish your college."

Jiro could only sigh and continued to enjoy his favorites. Kei guessed that was the end of the conversation about his new job as well. He just watched his brother finish everything before he washed the plates and utensils to let Jiro continue his schoolwork. Kei doesn't like it when he lies to his brother, but sometimes it is better to keep some things from Jiro to let his brother focus on his studies. Afterall, being a bodyguard for Kimura Yui won't be that bad, will it?

_._._

"Ahhh!"

Riku and Arisu shut their eyes at the same time when Yui squealed after hearing the good news.

"'Nii-chan! You're the best! When can I see Kei – I mean, Sakai-[san]?" Yui's face lit up the entire office room.

"He will still undergo the normal training for the bodyguards, and we'll try to let him start with being your personal bodyguard within a week if he's good in training." Arisu explained on behalf of Riku who just watched his sister's eyes glistened and shot hearts.