Chapter 30

After the plane departed, Kei quietly followed Riku outside the airport where the Kimura's personal use car whenever they stay in Korea will be picking them up. Although there's nothing different with Riku's demeanor, Kei could feel the awkward air between them. Since that night, he's been thinking about the confession. But he hasn't heard any word from his boss again. Now, he doesn't know how to strike a casual and purely work-related conversation. He's a bit scared Riku will snap on him for not giving him an answer. So, he just remained silent until they got out of the airport where a white Genesis G90 was waiting for them.

When he was about to greet the butler and asked for the car key, he heard Riku talk.

"I'll drive."

Those words are for him, but Riku didn't glance at Kei either, or told him to get in the car. Kei just consciously got inside the passenger seat when he saw Riku opened the driver seat.

Inside, Riku punched in a location that was not their hotel where they were supposed to stay. They were supposed to stay in a hotel in Gangnam. Kei knew because he's supposed to drive them there. But he waited until they were on the Incheon bridge pulling away from the airport before Kei started the conversation.

"Are we going somewhere first?"

"Are you just going to talk to me if it's related to your work?" Riku sneered.

Kei turned his head at the man, knowing the meaning behind his words.

"I... I just don't know what to say."

Riku finally glanced at him for a second before putting his attention on the road again.

"I'm used to people talking to me about anything just to get my attention. Most of them are made up lies, as long as they can have a conversation with me. And for most part, it's always them flattering me or my father for their own benefit. People like them are usually very easy to read for me."

As he continues, Kei silently listened to him, wrapping his thoughts about what he's saying.

"I can somehow sense their real intentions behind their coated words." Riku paused for a second to look at Kei. "The longer you stay in this job, the more you get used to it and be able to tell whether someone is true or not."

Kei was still confused by his words, but he also didn't want to put a silence between them.

"I guess... that's how the business world is." He said.

Riku softly chuckled. "See, you can't even tell what I'm trying to say."

"Hmm, I don't."

"People talk to me to get my attention. But you can get all of my attention even when you don't talk... Especially when you don't talk to me."

Kei looked at Riku where their eyes met for a couple of seconds. Again, his boss just says words that makes him silent... speechless.

"Let me guess, you don't know what to say again."

The bodyguard timidly looked out of the window which made Riku smile seeing that faint blush on Kei's face before looking away.

"Why don't you just be honest with me? If you don't like what I'm saying or doing, just tell me. I may look like a jerk, but I know how to respect someone's words. In my world, someone's honesty can weigh a lot and more to me. So, the least you can do is be yourself and be honest with me. I won't punish you if you reject me just because I'm your boss. I'm not that petty." Riku playfully giggled before shrugging his shoulders and added, "Well, maybe a little."

Kei relaxed his shoulders when he heard Riku's playful tone. Maybe he just confused and all because no one has pursued him this closely before, he doesn't know what to do. With his unusual condition, he's normally the honest and straightforward guy growing up. He doesn't talk that much, but he has always been honest with people. Because of his condition, he might just collapse one day, so he tried to live an honest person as possible. He had girls and boys confessing to him, but he never felt the same contraction in his chest the same way with Riku. He used to turn down confessions so easily, but with Riku, it's different. That's what scares him a little.