Chapter 28

Arisu went silent after he delivered the unfortunate news to Riku. He knew that this would put Riku and Tatsu Ikka in a slight slump. This is Hwang Corporation, after all.

Riku couldn't help but hit his desk with his injured hand when he heard the news from Arisu. Hwang Yeji passed away earlier in the afternoon due to blood loss and trauma from her multiple gun shots. She suffered organ failures and her brain lost too much blood which resulted to her demise. Riku knew she would not likely survive, but he still hoped she would. Yeji seemed nice and a good person.

"Kimura-san, your father, has also requested for you in the main house." Arisu delivered another message for him.

Riku let out a heavy sigh of frustration. The last thing he wants right now is face his father. But he always concedes anyway. It's their boss calling him after all. He has no authority over the head of the Tatsu Ikka.

"I'll drive you there." His head bodyguard added.

"I can drive myself."

"You know I can't let you out alone anymore, especially after what happened." Arisu insisted.

"I'll bring Kei with me then. You stay here and continue with the investigation."

His head bodyguard softly sighed seeing all the worries, frustrations, and guilt written all over Riku's face. This doesn't happen very often, in fact, ambush like that usually rarely happens. Tatsu Ikka has upheld their reputation to be someone impenetrable, someone you can't mess with. That's why this might cause a stir in the organization. Auction ambush happens to others, but never in Kimura Empire... until this one.

As planned, Riku asked for Kei to drive him to the main house. On their way, Kei could feel the tension inside the car. The heavy silence from Riku somehow made Kei worry. He had only been in the main house when he was still Yui's bodyguard, and it was the first time he is driving Riku there. He knew that the head of Tatsu Ikka, Riku's father, is living with Yui in their mansion. With all the fuss about the ambush, he just knew it's going to be a rough time for Riku until they resolve this.

"Are you okay?" Kei finally broke the ice.

Riku just remained looking out the window. "Hmm, I'm fine."

He wasn't sure when it started. But Kei used to find it hard to read the man beside him. He used to wonder what goes in his mind, but right now, he could see Riku's emotions. Although there's still no way to read the man's mind, Kei could somehow tell that Riku's having a hard time with all those mixed emotions and the looming conversation with his father.

That was the only words exchanged until they reached the main house. Kei pulled off in front of the huge entry way and glanced at Riku.

"Do you... want me to come with you?" Kei knew he isn't Arisu who could even be with Riku to meet his father, but he just wanted to say it for Riku.

With his usual stoic face, Riku replied. "I won't be long. You can wait for me here."

Kei helplessly just watched him walk inside the mansion. For the first time, he was worried for someone other than Jiro.

Riku headed straight to his father's room to get this conversation over with. Nothing slips from his father. Everything that is happening, his father knows. He's the head of the Yakuza after all. He has his own eyes and ears almost everywhere. He rarely meets his father and, on most occasions, it's either good or bad. But this time, the answer is obvious.

"Oto-san." Riku bowed once he stood in front of his father's desk.

The middle-aged man faced him from the mini library he has in the room before walking towards his son with a small book on his hand.