Chapter 19

Kei looked at Yoshi and Ken when the call ended.

"Kimura-san just called. I think he might need something."

"Go ahead. Don't make him wait." Ken said while drying his hair as he just got out from the shower.

"Arisu-san said we can enjoy some drinks tonight. I'm afraid you won't." Yoshi teased Kei who just scoffed and shook his head in disbelief.

"Okay. I'll see you later."

Kei hurried down the lobby because the call sounded urgent. He had his hands tucked in the front pocket of his supreme hoodie while waiting for the elevator to reach the ground floor. Thankfully, he already wore his white sneakers because they were supposed to go out and explore around the hotel. But of course, as part of his job, this call is a priority.

When he reached the lobby, he immediately looked for Riku and found his boss sitting on the couch near the concierge, wearing a coat.

"Kimura-san. Do you need anything?"

Riku raised his head to look at him and he noticed a small smile subtly appeared at the corner of his lips but immediately disappeared when he stood up.

"Yes. A bodyguard. Let's go."

Kei's eyes widened when he heard what Riku said and looked at himself. He was only wearing a hoodie, his black pants and a sneaker. He hasn't even done his hair. He couldn't even stand beside Riku because he wasn't dressed appropriately.

"Hey! What are you waiting for?"

"B-But, can I change first? I'll make it quick."

Riku glared at him before giving him a look from head to toe and walked towards him. He put his hand on Kei's head which made the latter shrunk on his shoulder before Riku pulled down the hood of his jacket.

"There. You look fine. Come on."

Kei unconsciously scratched the back of his head but complied anyway. He's a mere bodyguard and he needs to follow orders. Using the same car, they drove out the hotel.

As pretty as it was when the sun was still up high, Kei even found if more marvelous during the night

As pretty as it was when the sun was still up high, Kei even found if more marvelous during the night. The city lights accentuated the beauty of the place even more. It looked so bright and warm. He was internally thankful that Riku brought him with him again.

This time Riku drove them to a place where tourists flock to buy stuff for souvenirs. Seeing the place, Kei internally rejoiced remembering he also wanted to buy something for Jiro. What a perfect timing!

 What a perfect timing!