Chapter 26: I would never

Thorin POV

I sat quietly in Bard's home, a blanket wrapped around my shoulders. I stared blankly at the wall, not wanting to utter a word, only sit in temporary peace that was slightly tainted by the entire weapon issue. Dwalin and j had already hatched a plan for later in the evening. "It may not be the best fit, but it'll keep you warm." Bard said coming back with more blankets. "I hope Salacia is alright..." I heard Ori whispered. I kept a stern expression on my face, however my heart ached, she would have come back by now...something was wrong. 'My love...where are you?' I thought. "Who is this "Salacia" I've heard you all mention?" Bard asked. I kept my mouth shut, sure that someone else would answer. Oddly enough...no one did. I looked around and saw them all looking at me. I huffed, "Salacia was a member of our company, she's a wizard." I said sternly. "A wizard?" Bard asked. I nodded and made my way away from the group, not wanting to speak anymore.

It felt odd without Salacia here...by this time she would be shooting off some enchanting protection charm, or mashing up herbs to help heal any minor wounds any of us had or on occasion tossing some magical salts into the fire making it erupt in various colors. I sighed and sat down in a chair near a small fire. I leaned my head back slightly, my half lidded eyes glancing at the low, calming fire. My mind thought over how we would approach going to the armory later. My mind flittered back to Salacia, my anger for her had completely vanished, leaving a longing for her smiling face by my side. She had told me many times before that she loved my seldom smile, and that I should do so more. A small grin graced my lip thinking of when she told me that the first time.

Flash back (((to before Thorin and Salacia where together. So about the third week of the journey)))

Thorin POV

"Son of a goblins hairy ass!!!!!" I heard Salacia shriek before cursing in elvish. I shook my head and noticed what had happened, her hand got burned by the fire. Even with her elemental powers, her body itself was still surprisingly vulnerable to injure when she wasn't using her magic to protect herself. I watched her grumble and hold her hand gently as she sat down. I sighed and stood, making my way over to her. As I got closer I got a better look at her rather dark glare at her hand, which was a lot more burned than I suspected. "Are you alright?" I asked kneeling down infront of her. She shook her head and sighed, "I burned my hand." She muttered as she reached for her bag that was clearly out of her reach. I grinned slightly and reached and grabbed it, handing it to her. "Oh, thanks. Hey, do you think you could reach in there and grab a small light green corked bottle?" She asked. I nodded and sat down, setting the bag in my lap.
She had very odd things in her bad, though they may not be as odd to her as they where to me, so I felt no need to judge or question. There was a strange looking deck of cards, a few small daggers, a wand(surprisingly), many, many bottles. I searched for the light green one and finally found it. I pulled it out and handed it to her. "Thanks, hand me the velvet bag and the small black hard case." She said. I nodded and searched again. I heard her hiss and groan and glanced up to see her dripping drops of whatever it was in that bottle. "What is that?" I asked. "It's a *hiss* greenleaf extract." She said as she re-corked the bottle and stood walking over to Oin. She returned with some bandages and began wrapping her hand. "On normal skin, it wouldn't do anything but make it sting. However it helps quickly heal burns on my skin, so I found it necessary to keep it around." She said as she tied off the bandage. "Here's the case, but I can't find the pouch." I said handing it to her. She scowled then laughed, "that's cause it's not in there. Hold on." She said getting up once again and walking to Gandalf. She spoke to him for a moment before he pulled a velvet bag out of his satchel. She smiled at me as she came back. "I forgot I had given it to him to hold onto, just in case Kili or Fili decided to go snooping in my bag." She said. "Whys that? What is it?" I asked. "Well my dear dwarfish King, this," she said pulling the bag open and pulling some out, holding it in her palm to show me. "Cannabis." She said with a grin. "And...what exactly is cannabis? What does it do?" I asked. She laughed lightly. "Just, makes ya feel good." She said opening the case, pulling out a glass green and blue pipe. I watched her pack the bowl of the pipe and light it. She smoothly took in a fro inhale before pulling the pipe away from her lips and double inhaling. She held it for a moment before breathing it out. She sighed in relief and leaned her back against the ground looking at the sky. "It's so weird," she said. "What?" I asked as i decided to smoke, lighting my pipe. "The sky, I know so much about it, I can feel it's energy and how it builds itself...though no matter what we remain so weak, small, and vulnerable to its power." She said before she leaned up and took another inhale of whatever it was she was smoking. "Well what about you? Don't you carry the "all mighty power of the sky"?" I asked. She double inhaled before breathing out and coughing slightly. "Yes, I do." She said before coughing again. "However that mean I'm completely immune to its power." She said with a light laugh. "I've been fucked in the ass by the force and chance of the cosmos more times than I can count." She said shaking her head and inhaling again. I let out a light laugh at her works. Though as I glanced at her I saw her grinning and breathing out smoke. "What?" I asked. "Oh nothing, just you should smile more. Your quite handsome, even more so with that smile on your face." She said with a goofy grin. I looked at her oddly and shook my head, "It would seem that plants smoke has done something to your head, Salacia." I said. She suddenly burst out giggling and nodded. "That's the point silly!!! It takes away pain and makes ya happy~!" She cheered. My eyes widened at her next unsuspected actions. She rolled herself over to me after setting her pipe down and laid her head on my lap, smiling up at me. I couldn't help but let a small grin shine though. Suddenly she squished my cheeks with her hand pushing my mouth into an odd smile. "Yay!!!!" She giggled. I swatted her hand away and laughed loudly as she clutched her sides laughing along. "Oh mah goodness you know what," she said sitting up and turning to me. "What?" I asked. "You...should totally...let me give you a flower beard." She said looking at me, her face as serious as ever. "W-what?! No!" I snapped. "Pleeeeeaaaasssseeeeeee!!!!!!!" She begged as she lunged forward and hugged me around my neck, her knees on either side of one of my legs...pushing her knee up against my privates. I groaned and scooted my lower half back quickly. "F-fine! Just move your legs!" I growled. Before I could speak again she was giggling and running off to find flowers. I rolled my eyes and grinned as I lit my pipe again and waited for the drugged up witch to return.