14: nap

hes sleeping so peaceful... 

he must have been tired...

Taehyung gently touched Jungkook's hair moving the strands out of his face. Jungkook was sleeping. After talking and calming Jungkook down, Taehyung offered the other to take a rest in his bed. He could tell the raven was in such a need for sleep that he had to offer him the option. To his surprise Jungkook was so grateful to him for allowing him to sleep here.

Now he was sleeping. Taehyung took this time to stare at the others. staring without having the fear to be caught looking. He sat next to Jungkook who laid under the covers, sleeping like a baby. As soon as he laid down and closed his eyes he was gone in minutes, Taehyung wanted to give the other some water but when he returned he was already asleep.

"I'm worried for you, there is definitely something going on in your life. I can tell" taehyung said and sighed. The wounds on his back, the exhaustion and his behaviour. Taehyung suspected that he might be getting abused wherever he lives. If so then taehyung wants to help the other.

quietly he stood up leaving the man in the room with the curtains closed. "rest well" he said softly and closed the door before grabbing his phone and dialling a number he rarely calls.

"Namjoon"

"hey Joon its me, Taehyung"

"Ah taebear, how are you doing?"

"good good, i uhm had some questions, can i talk to you for a bit?" Taehyung asked, sitting down at the kitchen table.

"Sure, I have time, is it really serious? I will go somewhere more private then.."

"yea, it's not something I want to share with everyone. I don't even know if he would like me talking about this to someone. but i have to hear a second opinion"

"okay, give me a moment"

Taehyung explained the behaviour of Jungkook and what he had seen, the wounds, everything. After the story Namjoon was silent.

"hmm, i see"

"so, what do you say? I am right....aren't i? or else you wouldn't be so silent"

"well....yes, honestly I think you are. His behaviour is something that is seen with bipolar a lot but for him it happens too often so i might be mistaken...i just don't see any other explanation for it. It might be connected to his situation, if he is being abused he might develop something mental to deal with such things. for now i would say yes, you're right, but i can't say for sure because i haven't seen him myself"

"okay.. thanks. And i don't think he wants to meet anyone. He is already very cautious with meeting me, but he is genuine so I am patient with him. I don't want to pressure him or make him sad. I like him too much for that"

"I wish you luck, if he really got these things, please be gentle with him. Those people need care. They fear not being understood or pushed away. Hearing your story it does seem he is trying really hard to keep you close."

"I will," Taehyung sighed. "I gotta go now. thank you for talking"

"Of course, you can ask me anything. take care now"

"bye bye"

-

This was one of the only times Jungkook could sleep like this. so calmly, no fear of being yanked out of his bad or woken up for work. Just a calm silent room. a comfy bed that smelled like Taehyung. It calmed him down and put him to sleep so fast. He felt so comfortable here. He didn't want to wake up, but he still did. Opening his eyes to look into the dim room. some sunlight peeking from behind the curtains.

He felt so relaxed. no worries. He felt normal for a moment. He wished to wake up like this everyday, just calm. no fear for the day. To wake up, make breakfast, get ready for a normal job. just...normal. No more this blood on his hands staining his favorite clothes, staining his brain and heart.

Jungkook slowly left the bed and walked out of the bedroom, blinking a few times to adjust to the bright light inside the living area of the apartment.

"Hey Jungkook" Taehyung's voice was heard and the raven turned his head seeing the boy just get some painkillers with a small glass of water.

"Yeah, I shouldn't have drank that much last night, everything combined. i feel like a rock"

"Oh yea"

"are you hungry? I have some instant ramen and a few slices of toast. i didn't expect a guest so i haven't bought any groceries yet"

"ramen is fine...i don't need much. i eat almost everything"

"almost? what do you not like?" taehyung asked while he prepared hot water for Jungkook's ramen.

"Uhm beetroot i think. yes, i think it was beetroot"

"you think?"

"i don't remember well... the things from before"

"oh, that's fine, if you don't remember we can figure things out together! how about a dinner date next time?"

"I would love to but...i dont think it's good. Can we do it at your place maybe?"

"Of course , whatever you like, we can order things for delivery and make our own restaurant here. maybe set it up like a buffet!" taehyung was getting excited by just thinking about spending an evening with jungkook.

"I would like that, yes."

"Okay, do you have any idea when you have time?"

"Wednesday evening. i think, so far i haven't gotten any plans yet. but it changes per moment, i never know when i have to work. my...boss, doesn't let me know in advance, he just calls when i am needed"

"Oh that's why, it's fine, let's set the date on Wednesday for now and just let me know if you have work or not."

"okay!" Jungkook smiled. He was feeling happy, forgetting about earlier and yesterday.

"Your ramen is ready, be careful it's still hot" taehyung said with an even bigger smile as he placed the ramen cup on the table, he even pulled the chair back for Jungkook to take a seat.

"Is it really okay for je to stay and eat this? don't you need it?"

"dont worry about it, stay as long as you want."

"you're so kind," Jungkook said softly and blew on his ramen before eating.

"so, do you have any plans for today?"

"i have to go home soon"

"oh, of course '' Taehyung pouted a little, he would like to spend time with the other at daytime as well. but it was 'complicated' like jungkook said.

"I'm sorry....maybe another time I have more free time. i do really like you, dont think its because don't"

"no no, i didn't think that. i just felt a little sad that i have to wait till Wednesday"

"I will visit you at the store," Jungkook said quickly, not liking the sad face. He wanted Taehyung to smile again asap.

"Yes I know, but that's different, '' Taehyung said but then smiled again. "but it's fine, you helped me yesterday and even stayed till now, im happy you did."

"anything for you" 

---thank you for reading, see you soon in the next chapter! 

ps, i am addicted to this story now. i have to update my others too, tomorroww i have two days off, i will try to update the other stories too sorrwy

🌼🌼🌼