~Togetherness

Karan and Monami were married 1 year ago and today was their anniversary. Karan was an army officer and he was posted in Kashmir. Monami was an army doctor who was in Mumbai.
Monami was missing Karan a lot today. She was feeling restless from the morning but couldn't understand why. Karan never missed any important dates. Be it her birthday or their first meet day or their first anniversary as boyfriend-girlfriend Karan was always particular. He never forgot the dates and always wished her first in the morning. He would definitely do something special for her. But today it was their anniversary and Karan had not even messaged her yet. She had brushed off all her thoughts thinking that he must be in some mission.

Karan....Kara....an... I am missing you a lot. Please jaldi se aa jao. Happy Anniversary to you mere Khadoos Shergill. Thank you so much for everything in life. I love you!

She softly confessed while hugging Karan and her picture. She kissed Karan's face in the picture and hugged it tightly, murmuring, Come Soon Karan.

~~~~

A few hours later.

Someone knocked on the door. Excited, Monami opened the door. But too her disappointment it was an army officer, not Karan.

The officer said: Mrs Monami Shergill?

Monami smiled and saluted: Yes sir.

The officer took a deep breath and said: Ma'am...

Monami: Boliye na sir. Andar aaiye.

The officer came inside and sat on the sofa. He looked around. The hall was covered with Monami and Karan's pictures.  The officer smiled. Looking at that Monami smiled and put down the tray of water.

Yeh mera Karan hai. Aap bataiye aap yaha kaise aaye?

The officer smiled at her and said: Pata hai Karan sirji aapki bohot baatein karte rehte hai. Sirf aapko yaad karte hai. Din raat bas meri biwi, meri ....kya naam tha ..... Ha.... Rani Sahiba.

Hearing this Monami's smile widened.
Thank you so much sir!

Officer said: Actually ma'am woh Karan sir.....

Monami's expression tensed up and said:  Kya hua sir? Karan theek to hai na?

Officer took a deep breath and said: Ma'am, Sirji na actually ek mission mein Gaye the aur tab unpar...

Monami:unpar?

Tab unpar dushmano ne last moment hi goli chalayi aur isliye unke shoulder par bohot chot aayi hai. Unhe Mumbai mein Life Care Hospital mein admit kiya hai. Unhe hosh toh aa gaya hai par jab se unhe hosh aaya hai woh sirf aapko yaad kar rahe hai. Kya aap chal sakte hai unhe milne?

Monami's eyes teared up: Ab...wo...woh...kaisa hai?

Woh ekdam theek hai par sirf Monami...Monami kar rahe hai. Aap jaldi aaiye na please.

Monami said: Offcourse mein abhi aati hu. Aap rukiye mein aayi.

Thank you ma'am.

Monami went to her room and quickly changed her clothes and went near Karan's photo. She caressed it and said: I hope tum theek ho Khadoos Shergill. Mein abhi aa rahi hu.

She wiped her tears and went out of her room. Chaliye sir.

After you ma'am.

~~~~~~~

During the entire journey Monami was reminiscing her moments with her Karan.

********

I love you Monami. I really really love you.