Chapter 1

Edited: Word count: 1121

"That is so not going to happen." Ariel said as she threw a piece of popcorn at me. I rolled my eyes and threw a piece back.

"That is SO going to happen. You never know. Mike is the most obvious kill, which means it's so obvious that people will think that it won't happen which means it will." I said, pointing a finger at her.

"Speaking of will." She singsonged. I groaned and threw the pillow against my face.

"Yes, ari. I know he's gay. That-"

"Well, obviously. But that doesn't mean he isn't going to die. I think he'll save Mike's life in which he will then pronounce his love." She predicted, holding a piece of food in between her fingers before plopping it into her mouth.

I rolled my eyes and turned off the TV.

"We better get to bed, it's already 3am we've been watching this all day." I groaned again, rubbing my face harshly.

"Alright, I'll see you in the morning." She yawned. I gave the blonde a simple nod before adjusting my head on the pillow of the couch and closing my eyes.

The only sound heard from the room was the fan swinging from one side of the room to the other and the occasional noises of my own breath.

A sound of a cricket in the distance made my eyebrows squeeze in confusion before I brushed it off.

Maybe a cricket got in through the window, I thought to myself.

We're on the fourth floor, idiot.

Chirp.

Chirp.

Chirp.

A howling from a wolf made me shoot up from my bed, only, I didn't seem to be in the apartment anymore.

I was in the middle of the woods.

"Oh shit." I mumbled. The night breeze rushed through my nose and made the air on the back of my neck stand up.

"I'm asleep. This is just a dream." I said softly. I stood up slowly, looking at my surroundings.

"What. The. Hell." I said shakily.

"A very realistic dream." I sighed. Once again, I squeezed my eyes shut and brought my hand to my arm before I pinched it harshly.

"When I open my eyes, I'm going to be awake." I chuckled. I opened one eye slowly, praying that I was back in the apartment.

To my misfortune, I still saw the woods that surrounded me.

"Shit. Shit." I turned around, hoping that I recognized something. In the far distance, I heard the sound of a car zooming past.

"I'm sleepwalking. That's it. I'll just go back." I said in relief. Then, I ran towards the noise of the road as quick as I could.

Thankfully, the pavement of the road hit my feet. I bent over, breathing deeply as I placed my hands on my knees.

The night was quiet, the sound of the vehicle had long since passed, leaving me alone in the middle of the road.

I turned to my left and my right, debating on which way I could take before setting way towards the area with the most city lights.

I brought my hands to my arms to create any feeling of warmth. The pajama shorts and old one direction shirt I had on being the only clothing I was wearing.

My feet were practically frozen beneath me.

I decided in my head that I would go to the nearest house and call Ariel, hoping she'd answer the phone and come pick me up.

As I continued on a little further I saw a sign coming up towards me. I squinted my eyes and crossed to the other side to get a better look.

However, as I could finally make out the letters, I froze, my heart fell down in the pit of my stomach. I brought my hands to each side of my head and let them grip the locks tightly.

"Holy shit. I must've sleep walked pretty bad." I gasped. I looked at the sign again, hoping it would change.

But it didn't.

"Welcome to Hawkins"

"Oh, my god. This can't be happening." I moaned. I rushed past the sign and towards the town. Most of the lights were off, seeing as it was now 4 in the morning. But I recognize every building.

The arcade.
The Hawkins post.
The movie theatre.

"Oh, my god." I cried, covering my mouth as I stood in the middle of the dead town, spinning around in circles to try and see if this had really been the town that I assumed.

"The Hawkins police station. Perfect." I rushed for the building, seeing that it had been the only one with the lights on, besides the diner.

As I ran through the door, the bell jingled, signaling my entry. The receptionist at the desk was on the phone, laughing to herself as she played with her gum.

I ran through to the desk and looked at the women with exhaustion.

"Ma'am." I called. She ignored me and continued to talk on the phone.

"Hey!" I called loudly. She gave me a side eye and put the gum back in her mouth.

"Sorry, Linda, I'm going to have to call you back." She placed the phone down and intertwined her fingers together, looking at me with a sympathetic smile.

"What can I do for you, young lady."

"What year is it?" I asked, afraid of the answer. She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Wha-"

"What godamn year is it?!" I shouted.

"1983? Why, what's-"

"Holy shit..." I practically cried, running my hands through my hair in disbelief.

"Where can I find the police chief?" I asked again. She scoffed and took a pen and paper before writing something down.

"Wow...that was easy." I thought. But then again, times were different back then.

She held the paper up to which I snatched and rushed out of the door.

"107 West Maple Street." I said out loud. I looked around before seeing a west maple sign and rushing down the road.

The adrenaline in my veins didn't let me slow down, or look at everything around me, it forced me to keep going.

"103, 104, 105..106...aha, 107!" I ran to the door step and began pounding on the door. It was silent for a couple minutes, I put my ear to the door to try and hear any noise from inside, but there was nothing.

"Hello!" I called, pounding on the door again. Suddenly the door swung open and my jaw dropped.

"What?!" He asked in annoyance. My mouth opened and shut slowly, I could feel the color drain from my face.

"C-Chief Hopper?" I asked slowly.

"Yeah?" He asked. Then, everything went black.