Chapter 57

Edited:
Word Count: 1136

Ps I'm going to Publish now, edit later so y'all can read faster. Lmk where I made mistakes so it'll be easier.

"Delivery service." We said, coming through the shed with bags of food.

"So we got some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it." Dustin began as Eddie shoved cereal into his mouth.

"Bad news first, always." Eddie said with his mouth fool.

"Right. Bad news." Dustin looked at me and nodded me to explain.

"We tapped in to the Hawkins PD dispatch with my dads old scammer and they're definitely looking for you." I said with a sigh.

"Also, they, are pretty convinced you killed Chrissy." Dustin put in.

"Like, 100% convinced." Max added.

"And the good news?" Eddie asked, looking at us in worry.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's only a matter time before others do too. And once that gets out, everyone in their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you." Robin said.

"Hunt the freak, right?"

"Exactly." We said.

"Shit." He said, rubbing his face.

"So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, Kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin said calmly.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?"

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

"Listen, Eddie? I know everything that Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional but we've actually been through this before. I mean, they have a... A few times, and I have once. Mine was more human flesh base, there's just more smoke related, but bottom line is, collectively, I feel like we got this."

"We usually rely on this girl with super powers and Marley, But, uh, those went bye-bye, so..." Steve trailed off. I frowned and looked down at the ground.

"So , We're technically in more of a brainstorming phase. There's nothing to worry about." Max said. When she finished, we heard sirens coming towards us.

We all panicked and looked at each other.

"Shit."

"Tarp. Tarp." I said quickly, helping to put it over him. We all rushed to the window and saw the police cars and ambulances going right past us.

"We need to follow them.." I said, grabbing Steve before rushing out.

We got in Steve's car and began driving towards the commotion.

"We don't blame you, Marley. You can't help that you lost your memory.." Dustin said finally. I sighed and looked out the window.

"You risked your life for all of us..we can't ask you to keep doing it." Robin added.

"I just wish I could figure out a way to get it back. I usually remember now when something's already happened and I just need to go back." I said softly.

"We need you, Marley. Not what you can do.." Steve said, reaching over to grab my hand. I sent him a smile and leaned my head back on the seat to look at him.

Steve looked at me and smiled as well.

"Oh, shit." Max said from the back. We all turned and Steve slowed down the car, staring at the crime seen ahead.

"Is that Nancy?" I questioned. We all got out and looked at her. She was talking to a cop when she saw us.

The look on her face made me realize that she knew. She knew it was all starting up again. She gave us a soft wave to which I returned with a sad smile.

After she we done talking, she came over to us.

"We need to talk." She said quickly.

"Yeah...we do.." I replied.

"So, you're saying that this thing that killed Fred and Chrissy, it's from the upside down?" Nancy asked.

"If the shoe fits." Steve shrugged.

"Our working theory is that he starts with a spell or a curse. Now, whether or not he's doing the bidding of the mind flayer or just loves killing teens, we don't know." Dustin added.

"All we know is that this is something different..." I said.

"It's something new...it Doesn't make sense." Nancy said, shaking her head.

"It's only a theory." Dustin said shrugging.

"No, Fred and Chrissy don't make sense. I mean, why them?" Nancy asked again.

"Maybe they were just in the wrong place." Steve questioned.

"They were both at the game. Both at the trailer park."

"We're at the trailer park, should we not be here?" Steve said, making us all look around.

"There is something about this place. Fred started acting weird the second we got here." Nancy began.

"Acting weird as in?..."

"Scared, on edge, upset."

"Max said Chrissy was upset too."

"Yeah, but not here. She was crying in the bathroom at school."

"Serial killer stalk their prey before they strike, right? So, maybe Fred and Chrissy saw this Vecman..."

"Vecna." Dustin and I said.

"Don't know about you guys but if I saw some freaky wizard monster, I would mention it to someone." Steve added.

"Maybe they did. I saw Chrissy leaving Mrs. Kelly's office. If you saw a monster, you... You wouldn't go to the police. They never believe you but... You might go to your.."

"Your shrink.." I sighed. We all walked back to the car but saw Nancy walking towards her own car.

"Whoa, Nance. Nance. What are you doing?" Steve asked.

"Oh, there's something I wanna check on first."

"Something you wanna share with us?" Dustin asked.

"I don't wanna waste your time. It's a real shot in the dark. "

"Yeah, OK. Are you out of your mind? Playing solo with Vecna on the loose? No, it's too dangerous. You need... You need someone to..." Steve turned around to us and tossed the keys in Robins hands.

"Here, I'll stick with Nancy. You take the car, check out the shrink." I looked at Steve and popped out my hip, glaring at him.

Steve knew this look and he chuckled nervously before holding his hands out for the keys.

"Robin, will go with Nancy. Take the radio.."

"Good idea, loverboy." I chuckled dryly. We all hopped into Steve's car and drove out of the trailer park.

My arms were still crossed as I sat in my seat.

"Oh, come on, Mar. It's not like that." Steve said, noticing my behavior. I simply turned in my seat and faced the window.

"Marley, I just needed her advice on something, that's all." He assured.

"What? Like kissing?" I spit. Steve let out a laugh causing me to turn more to hide my own snicker.

"Oh, you're being serious. No, Mar, it's not like that, I wanted to ask her about something and-" I turned to face him and reveal that I wasn't actually mad.

"Oh, you little shit." Steve chuckled, letting out a sigh of relief.

He grabbed my hand and held it tightly.