Chapter 70

Edited:
Word Count: 1057

"Check this out. The war zone. I've been there once. It's huge. They got everything you need for, uh... Well, killing things, basically." Eddie said as he layed out a newspaper on the table.

"You think fake Rambo has enough guns there? Is that a grenade? I mean, how is this legal." Robin asked.

"Well, lucky for us it is, so...This place is just far enough outside of Hawkins. As long as we steer clear of the main roads we ought to be able to avoid cops and, uh, angry Hicks." Eddie said slowly.

"If we're trying to avoid angry Hicks, maybe we shouldn't go to some store called the war zone." Erica theorized.

She had a point.

"Normally, I'd agree, but we need the weapons. So I think it's worth the risk." Nancy argued.

"Me too." I said.

"Is it worth the time? It'll take all day to bike there." Dustin threw out.

"Who said anything about bikes?" Eddie replied, slightly smirking.

"You got some car we don't know about?" Steve asked.

"It's not exactly a car, Steve. And it's not exactly mine, but it'll do." Then, Eddie turned to Max.

"Hey, Red, you got a ski mask or bandanna, or something like that?" She thought for a moment before going into her room and coming back with a mask.

When she tossed it to Eddie, he immediately put it on, making me laugh.

"I thought the mask was supposed to make you look different, Ed?" I snickered. He laughed sarcastically before grabbing my head and rubbing his knuckles on it.

"Come on, children." Steve sighed. We followed him back outside and towards the RV that Eddie gestured to. He found an open window before throwing his bag in.

"Mar." He called, holding out his hands. I took a jogging start before using his hand as a boost and jumping inside.

Immediately, I sat in the front seat while Eddie messed with the cords of the bus.

"Where'd you learn how to do this?" Steve asked, coming up beside us.

"Well, when other dads were teaching their kid how to fish or play ball, My old man taught me how to hotwire. Now, I swore to myself I wouldn't wind up like he did, but now I'm wanted for murder, and soon, Grandtheft auto. So, I'm really living up to the Munson name." Eddie chuckled.

"Eddie, I'm not sure I love the idea of you driving." Robin said, coming up behind Steve.

"Oh, I'm just starting this sucker. Harrington's got her. Don't you, big boy?" Eddie said, crinkling his nose to my fiancé with a smile.

As soon as I heard the RV start up, so did the shouts of the owners outside.

"Steve-O." I said slowly. Eddie and him switched seats quickly.

"Everyone hang on to something!" Steve yelled.

"Oh, shit. Steve, drive!" Dustin yelled, and just as I put my seatbelt on, Steve slammed on the gas.

I let out a excited shout as we squealed out of the trailer park.

"Hell yeah. That's how you do it!" I laughed. Slowly, I turned around and grabbed my bag before ripping it open.

"Sandwich anyone?" I asked.

"When the hell did you find time to make a sandwich?" Eddie asked, grabbing the sandwiches and handing them out.

"When you're basically a mother to four boys a two girls for about three years, you learn to always pack food and do it quickly." I chuckled.

"I'd say you're more of the father. Steve's got the mom title handled." Robin joked. Steve held up his hand to flip her off.

When I turned to sit back in my seat, I saw Steve already looking at me.

"What?" I asked with a chuckle.

"Nothing..you're just..I love you." He sighed. I smiled and reached over to grab his hand to which Steve began playing with the ring on my finger.

"You know, I always had this dream that I'd have this really... Really big family. I'm talking, like, a full brood of Harringtons. Like five, six kids." Steve began slowly.

"Six?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah. What do you think?" I could see genuine interest in his eyes so I decided to answer.

"I think I could handle it." I said nodding. Steve's face seemed to glow brighter at my words as he continued his dream.

"Six little nuggets. Three girls, three boys. And every summer, I figured all of us Harringtons, would pack into something like this and just see the country. You know, the Rockies, Grand Canyon, maybe Yellowstone. End up on some beachside town in California. Spend a week parked in the sand. Learn how to surf or something."

"That sounds nice." I said, my face in pain from smiling so much.

"Yeah?" He asked.

"Yeah." I nodded again.

"Maybe after all of this...we can just have a small little wedding, close friends and family.." Steve suggested.

"Married at 18, what a scandal." I teased. Steve chuckled and looked down at our intertwined hands.

"We'll be happy. I know it." He said aloud, almost assuring himself. Nancy came up beside us.

"Did I just hear you say that you're having a small wedding?" I nodded slowly.

"No way. We're going all out. Do you know how many times we've almost died? You can't suffer through as much as you two have and have a small wedding." She sighed.

"I'll leave the planning to you." I chuckled. Her eyes lit up and she looked around as if already thinking.

"I need to find a notepad. I have so many ideas." She gasped, walking away again. I laughed loudly and shook my head.

"Can I be the flower girl?" Max asked. Before I could respond, someone butted in.

"Uhm, no. That job is reserved for me." Dustin argued.

"No, Dustin. You'll be the best man." Steve chuckled, looking in the rearview mirror. I saw Dustin's face drop. He waited for Steve to say he was kidding, but when he didn't, I saw genuine tears in the young boys eyes.

"R-really?" Dustin whispered, wiping his eyes quickly.

"Yeah." Steve said, looking back at him. Dustin beamed and looked down at his feet.

"So, what I'm hearing is that the flower girl position is still open?" Eddie asked slowly.