Chapter 33

Edited:
Word Count: 996

I slowly opened my eyes instantly felt like I had been punched in the gut. When my eyes adjusted I realized that we were in the cabin.

Heaters surrounded me as did the fireplace.

"It hurts!" The virus yelled. My body jerked up as my entire body ripped through jolts of pain.

"Let me go!" It begged. My body tried to rip through the ropes that held me down. When I turned my head I saw Jonathan with his face buried in Nancy's left side while Will was in the right.

Joyce rushed to turn up the heat even more. My screamed grew even louder and I felt myself slip through.

"Jo, please!" I sobbed. Jonathan turned around and faced me.

"Mom! Stop, you're hurting her!" He yelled.

"Just wait!" She screamed back. I let out another shriek of pain.

"You're killing her!" He cried.

"Jonathan, wait! Look at her neck." Somehow, my hand ripped from my rope, my other hand tried to grab the other but Joyce jumped on me and held my hand down.

The virus forced my hand up and shot around Joyce's neck.

"Mom!" Jonathan and Will yelled.

I'm so sorry. I cried.

"Nance, the stick!" I cried out. She looked around quickly before seeing the stick stuck in the fire place and shoved it into my side.

The lights began shaking as my body convulsed. The pain of the prong made the virus drop Joyce's neck.

"Get the hell out of my daughter!" She screamed in my face. Something else burned inside me and I knew Steve and the kids had gotten to the right spot. The black dust roared from my mouth and into the sky.

That's when it went black.

"Marley."

"Marley."

"Marley!" My eyes slowly opened and I saw Joyce and Jonathan at my side.

"Joyce?" I asked.

"Oh my god!" She cried, she pulled me up and into her chest once again.

"I'm so sorry for saying those mean things and choking you." I cried.

"It's okay." She chuckled. I sighed happily and grabbed onto Jonathan.

"Tell him to close it." I said to Jonathan. He nodded and got up before going to the radio. I saw Will in the corner looking at me cautiously.

"Come here, sweetie." I sobbed, holding my hand out for him. Will let out a relived cry and rushed over to me and jumping in my arms.

"Oh sweet boy." I sobbed, holding the back of his head.

"I thought I lost you." He cried. I squeezed my eyes shut and held him tighter.

"Never. Never." I sighed. Then, I turned to Nancy.

"You bitch." I joked, referring to the heated prong. She let out a half laugh half cry before holding onto me tightly.

"I got your note. You're so stupid." She laughed.

"Well, at least I know I was right." I sniffled. We opened up all the windows and doors for cold air while I slowly walked into the kitchen to grab some food.

"Frozen eggos? Really?" Jonathan laughed as I came back to sit down.

"Like sister like sister, I guess." I joked. Suddenly, the lights started to grow and Will covered himself in my side. I held his head to shield him from the light.

"What's going on?" Joyce asked.

"She's closing the gate and levitating like a stone-cold bad ass right now." I said happily.

It had been an hour before we all drove back to the Byer's house. Billy's car was gone which means Steve and the rest of the kids were back and Billy was gone.

Before coming back, I changed into some regular clothes and freshened up. But, now, I was walking out of the car and towards the house. Before I could even open the door, I saw my dad come out.

"Dad!" I cried. He ran forward and picked me up in a hug. Hopper buried his face in my shoulder and began crying heavily.

"I was so worried." He cried out. I felt my own tears falling as he spoke and clutched him tighter.

"Two bad ass kids. Cant get rid of us that easily." I joked. He pulled away, grabbing my face in his hands, just staring at me. I saw El come up from the corner of my eyes and held my arms out for her, she also started crying as she grabbed me in a hug.

"I love you so much. You're so cool." I sniffled. She laughed and looked up at me.

"I love you too." She sighed. I heard someone clear their throat before I turned to see Max, Dustin, Lucas, and Mike all standing there.

"Get in here you little idiots!" I laughed.

"Marley!" They called. They all rushed forward and nearly tackled me in a hug. When we pulled away I looked at max.

"Did you get my letter?" She smiled and nodded.

"I will. Thank you." I nodded and saw the light darken, meaning someone stepped onto the porch as well.

"Steve.." I said slowly. The kids quickly stepped back. I took a small step for him and saw him rub his mouth.

I could tell he was trying not to cry.

Steve knelt down, his face still covered as he stared at me in awe.

"Steve-o." I singsonged. That's all it took for him to bust into tears and stand back up, running for me. When we made contact, he picked me up in the hug, Making me wrap my legs around his waist.

He grabbed the back of my head and leaned down slightly with me in his arms.

"Don't ever do that to me again." He cried. Steve finally put me down, holding my face as he looked between my eyes.

"You're so stupid." He whispered, pulling me in again.

"I should kill you." I chuckled and inhaled his scent.

"I love you. I love you so much, Mar."

"I love you too, Harrington."