Chapter 45

Edited:
Word count: 1206

I pushed past El quickly and into the living room.

"She told Billy she was going to fix it.." Max said, looking down.

"Let. Them. See."

"Stay the hell away from me." I warned, holding up a hand. El raised a hand and threw me against a wall.

"She's a spy!" Mike yelled. I struggled against her grip and felt the tears well in my eyes.

"You don't understand.." I said softly.

"Understand what?" Jonathan asked, coming closer.

"I had to save Billy." I cried. El threw me back on the ground and rushed over to straddle me.

"Get off!" I screamed, fighting against her.

"Hold her down!" Max yelled, coming up and holding an arm down.

"Find the source, El!" Nancy yelled, grabbing a leg. El looked into my eyes, the tears welling in them before placing her hand on my head.

The pain shot throughout my entire body as she scratched through my head. My back arched and I cried out as she continued scratching.

"Mommy, come look at this!" I said, holding up my drawing that I had made.

"It looks great sweetie..." she said, touching my head. My mom shivered before scratching at her arm.

"Let me go!" I screamed, I felt the sweet drip down my face as I fought against her.

"What did I tell you! C's or less and you were going to regret it!" My dad screamed in my face, ripping me by my arm towards him.

"I-I'm sorry.." I whispered, keeping my head down.

"Sorry isn't going to cut it. You're worthless!" He shoved me onto the ground harshly.

"You stupid bitch! Get the hell out of my head!" I screamed at El. Her nose was gushing blood as he sobbed over me.

"I'm sorry, sir. Your wife was inside when the explosion happened..we couldn't save her." The cop said. My dad gripped my shoulder. The events made the cops think that my cry of pain was because of the news.

I looked past the cop and gazed at my childhood home that was covered in flames, pieces of the house laid in the street.

My entire body filled with guilt as I looked down at my feet.

"I hate you! I hate you! I hate you!" I screamed, I turned to Nancy and spit at her.

"You're a piece of shit girlfriend, you know that? Piece of shit friend. Never once did you ask me about how I was doing! I hate you!" I screamed.

She squeezed her eyes shut and held my hand tightly.

"I'm sorry, Nancy.." I cried. Another jolt of pain ripped through my head and I convulsed in pain, my screams filling the cabin.