Chapter 5 : Code of Chivalry

"What?! You can't be serious Coach! How can you let this b*tch back onto the team? We're doing completely fine without her!!"

Aphrodi frowned slightly before turning towards the hot-headed red-head who was currently breathing heavily while facing Mika with rage-filled eyes.

"Ganeko-kun, one warning for language. Two, as your coach, I'll be calling the shots and I'll be expecting you all to work it out."

Akuma just gritted his teeth together before turning around fiercely while his group followed him into the changing rooms. Meanwhile, Mika gave a slight, unbothered bow to Aphrodi before following them to head inside.

Outdoor Raimon Soccer Field

"Wow Mika, you look so cool! The raimon uniform suits you perfectly!"

Yuka gave her a thumbs-up, while praising her with what appeared to be stars in his eyes. Watching this, Ikue just sighed and dragged him away by the ear before the taller girl began to get annoyed.

"As expected of my number one fan..." Mika muttered to herself as she watched Yuka be dragged away. Refocusing, she then began to do some pre-workout stretches before getting ready for her first official practice in a while.

"Sorry coach, it won't happen again..."

Running a bit late, Galahad rushed out to the field and gave a bow to Aphrodi in apology who just responded with a nod of his head indicating to get on the field.

As he began to jog down to the pitch, he started wondering if he was hallucinating as he saw the onyx-black shoulder-length hair, and long legs that could be recognized from a mile away.

Shocked, Galahad's eyes trembled while he couldn't help himself from sputtering out

"Mika?"

The girl turned and he dreaded facing the intense gaze from the amethyst eyes he knew so well.

"Oh, Galahad-kun. As of yesterday at 17:30 I have formally rescinded my resignation and been reinstated onto the Raimon Jr.High Team. I'll be looking forward to see your improvements since we last played together"

After her short greeting, she turned around to start practising her dribbling around the field, acting as if she had been part of the team since the beginning of the semester.

"Ha..."

She was the same as she always had been. Or that wasn't quite right... She seemed...brighter than before. Seeing her shoot training, Galahad was completely unable to focus and before he knew it Aphrodi clapped his hands and shouted,

"That's enough for today. Good work everyone, see you tomorrow."

Galahad just sighed before preparing to pack up his things to leave, however he stopped when he felt a hand land on his shoulder.

"Everything alright Galahad? You seemed a bit off today."

Galahad turned around only to see Aphrodi's bright red eyes staring at him with concern.

Galahad just gave a soft smile and softly replied

"Yeah, I'm just feeling a little under the weather today. I'm sure I'll be feeling better tomorrow"

"Okay, just make sure not to push yourself too much, understood?

Galahad managed to mutter a "Thanks, Coach" under his breath before rushing to leave the fields. He couldn't handle their gazes, and clutched his chest with his hand... He needed to get out of there... Somewhere....Anywhere....

*************************************************************************************************************

Galahad continued running and running and running until many hours had passed and somehow he had ended up at the riverbank field that the Raimon players liked to practise at in their freetime. This place only brought up bad memories so he didn't know what drew him here in the first place...